What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

1.6 thp - whoosh noise

renegade79

Reaction score
Have had my GTi now for a few weeks but today I noticed that the woosh turbo noise seems louder than normal. The noise is heard after acceleration and when I go to change up. Thing is yesterday I tried to fit a K and N filter but I couldn't get the air box away to make enough room to get the filter out and now I think I might have done something to it to make the Woosh noise even more noticeable. The car drives perfect so it doesn't feel any different.... Any advice would be welcome.

renegade79

Reaction score
It seems to have gotten louder. Now I can hear it under acceleration and it sounds as if air is escaping...... May go and check the air filter box and pipe work tomorrow and see if anything is amiss!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It does sound like you might have disturbed/dislodged something :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
Yeah I used this thread as a guide but my engine is slightly different. The brake fluid reservoir isn't bolted in the same way and access is poor!! I think I put the air box back on incorrectly. May go and have another look at it.

renegade79

Reaction score
So after refitting the air box correctly, the whoosh noise has lessened but now I have an error code on dashboard P0098 air intake temperature sensor!!! Aghhh. What the heck have I done? I had to unplug one of the sensors to get access to the bolts on the air filter but I replaced it and have double checked it and I'm still got the error code.

So after a few attempts i have managed to clear the fault code and here's hoping it won't return!! :eusa-whistle:

thornebt

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
So after refitting the air box correctly, the whoosh noise has lessened but now I have an error code on dashboard P0098 air intake temperature sensor!!! Aghhh. What the heck have I done? I had to unplug one of the sensors to get access to the bolts on the air filter but I replaced it and have double checked it and I'm still got the error code.

So after a few attempts i have managed to clear the fault code and here's hoping it won't return!! :eusa-whistle:

I think most of these codes disappear when you drive the car rather than with it sitting on the driveway. You rack your brains trying to fix it and then you drive somewhere and it cancels itself.