What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Xenon self leveling lights blinding oncoming vehicles

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi all,

On country roads with no street lighting, I keep getting flashed by on coming vehicles... 3 in a row the other day. Is there a way to manually alter the hight of the beam? as it dose seem very high, I've only noticed this since having an MOT last month, is it possible that during the inspection that the lights were altered and not returned to the original position?

Please advise.
Cheers

2retro

Reaction score
Guppy said:
Is there a way to manually alter the hight of the beam?
In a word, no...

Xenons are hella bright though, especially on a dark country road. Maybe that's all it is?

Attachments

• adjustment.jpg
    adjustment.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 692

tianorth

Reaction score
You should be able to take to an MOT test station (as they have the equipment for checking levelness of lights), possibly also Kwik fit and halfords and ask them to check (for free) to see if lights are aimed high.

They may charge for adjustment.

Another cause might be the road, is if you are going up an incline and so are they or the camber of the road where 1 light seems to be higher than the other.

I would get a check done first to put you mind at rest.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When I first got my Z I had the same problem, and I did think that on dark country roads we seemed to illuminating quite a lot of the roadside shrubbery.

When my car went in for its next service (main dealer as we have a service contract) I asked them to look at them and adjust if possible.

They checked them and told me they were within the required area, but they adjusted them down a little, and although I do still get the occasional flash from oncoming cars (like 2retro said, they are very bright), they seem a lot better now.

So there must be a way they can be adjusted if a dealer can do it.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
The xenons on our RCZ can be adjusted. There are two plastic adjustment screws for each headlight unit, one for the horizontal and the other for vertical adjustment.

As mentioned by tianorth here, there is a procedure & device to do that, hence it will cost some money to do.

gasmanrob

Reaction score
I've just had the same problems as above. I've only had the car since July and haven't done a great deal of night driving.
I got 'flashed' by quite a lot of drivers on a night drive yesteday. MOT in July didn't flag up any problems.
I'll take it to Kwik Fit for a check.
Any other advice?
MY 2010 200thp GT model doesn't have the wee dial on the right of the steering column.