What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Work in progress

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
Great pics and mods pal, the cars looking awesome. Im looking to replace the front chrome surround and lion and rear lion and lettering and was wondering is it a hard job to get them off. Ive read the rear one is just foam glued on but the front is screwed in to the bumper. Mines 2010 1.6 petrol.

Chukka64

Reaction score
Great pics and mods pal, the cars looking awesome. Im looking to replace the front chrome surround and lion and rear lion and lettering and was wondering is it a hard job to get them off. Ive read the rear one is just foam glued on but the front is screwed in to the bumper. Mines 2010 1.6 petrol.
Couldn’t honestly tell you as the badges had already been changed when I bought it. I tried a couple of different ways of wrapping the chrome surround for the front badge none of which were particularly successful. I ended up cutting out the shape of the badge from a piece of carbon wrap and then stretching it over the chrome. I found it to be a surprising difficult part to wrap as there are many angles. It’s not perfect now but you’d have to be looking pretty closely to tell. Thanks for the compliments on the car, it does turn heads 😂 although that rear diffuser was a royal PITA to fit 😬

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
Couldn’t honestly tell you as the badges had already been changed when I bought it. I tried a couple of different ways of wrapping the chrome surround for the front badge none of which were particularly successful. I ended up cutting out the shape of the badge from a piece of carbon wrap and then stretching it over the chrome. I found it to be a surprising difficult part to wrap as there are many angles. It’s not perfect now but you’d have to be looking pretty closely to tell. Thanks for the compliments on the car, it does turn heads 😂 although that rear diffuser was a royal PITA to fit 😬
May have been a PITA but improves the aesthetic look ten fold mate, well done.

Chukka64

Reaction score
May have been a PITA but improves the aesthetic look ten fold mate, well done.
It’s the maxton design one but you need the maxton rear winglets as well. Once the winglets are on you’re supposed to only need a self tapping screw on each end and the 3M tape that comes pre-fitted to the vertical strakes. I wasn’t confident that that would hold so ended fitting a pair of brackets to each vertical at both ends then fitting the main diffuser and then finally securing each end with a self tapper and a nut and bolt. That was a giggle to wrap as well 🙄🔫😂

Chukka64

Reaction score
It’s the maxton design one but you need the maxton rear winglets as well. Once the winglets are on you’re supposed to only need a self tapping screw on each end and the 3M tape that comes pre-fitted to the vertical strakes. I wasn’t confident that that would hold so ended fitting a pair of brackets to each vertical at both ends then fitting the main diffuser and then finally securing each end with a self tapper and a nut and bolt. That was a giggle to wrap as well 🙄🔫😂

Attachments

• BA5330C6-FB3C-424D-98FE-E8BC8F9EB761.jpeg
    BA5330C6-FB3C-424D-98FE-E8BC8F9EB761.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 20

Chukka64

Reaction score
Not sure of the make but it’s an android unit that was fairly straightforward to fit. Does everything I need it to and, aside from a couple of cuts, is a direct replacement

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you paint out the bolts with some black enamel it will hide them & finish the job proper 👍 I was looking at the rear Maxton diffuser (front one fitted 2yr ago) for mine as I am fitting their side skirts this coming week
We need to see some pictures of your work in progress 👀

Greek-R

Reaction score
Nice one, it looks like the Teyes cc3 or Bizzar model depending which part of the planet you are.

id love to see some closer pics on the bottom and top lip, as it looks like its larger than the stock fittings. There is a very pronounced step on the lower side. is it like that on the top? could you show is a clear pic from the side?

Chukka64

Reaction score
Nice one, it looks like the Teyes cc3 or Bizzar model depending which part of the planet you are.

id love to see some closer pics on the bottom and top lip, as it looks like its larger than the stock fittings. There is a very pronounced step on the lower side. is it like that on the top? could you show is a clear pic from the side?
Sorry, are you talking about the head unit?

Greek-R

Reaction score
Sorry, are you talking about the head unit?
Hey there Chukka, yes, it looks like its jutting about half an inch from the rest of the unit/AC control panel, im actually thinking of getting one myself, but i dont know if it will look odd since its not flush with the rest of the unit.

Chukka64

Reaction score
Hey there Chukka, yes, it looks like its jutting about half an inch from the rest of the unit/AC control panel, im actually thinking of getting one myself, but i dont know if it will look odd since its not flush with the rest of the unit.
Yeah it isn’t flush with the a/c unit but, in my opinion, doesn’t look too “aftermarket”. As you look from the front it follows the existing lines quite nicely and doesn’t stick out so far as to look like it shouldn’t be there. 👍

Chukka64

Reaction score
Latest addition, carbon wrapped bonnet. I did attempt it myself twice and each time the weather changed and screwed it up for me. In the end I took it to a professional 😂 D4F24726-4FC9-4F69-A8F4-FCFEC7E369BB.jpeg

Chukka64

Reaction score
no, none at all, all the steering wheel controls work as they always did, no crashes no problem with connection, nothing. The only thing that you may have to do in the car settings menu is to allow it to use your existing display. That way, settings and displays that you would normally change on the original head unit can now be changed on the new one. From memory, that doesn’t happen automatically.