What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Work in progress

Chukka64

Reaction score
Hi all

This is my RCZ, its a 2012 Hdi model with the stage 1 map. I've done a few bits since I've owned it. The priority was a full service, cambelt and waterpump change. I then added a touch screen multimedia headunit, a little bit of carbon wrap, changed the wheel colour to candy apple red (one of those jobs that you start and then think what the hell am I doing!) plus a few other bits. I'm off up to Tony Banks in Leeds next month for the quad pipe conversion and will then fit a rear diffuser. Very impressed with the car so far the only negative so far is a bit of steering wheel wobble at between 65 and 70 ish. I didn't have it before I put two new tyres on the front but the garage pointed out that it had both spacers and spigot rings. I had a good look when I was painting the wheels and saw that one part of the front spigot ring was missing. I then had to do a bit of digging to find out what the wheels actually are (Axe CS Lites 20"x8) and that they have a 72.6mm bore so bought a set of aluminium hub-centric 72.6 - 65.1 spigot rings and refitted. I still get a slight wobble but it has improved. I'll probably get them rebalanced somewhere else and hopefully that will resolve the issue................probably.

Cheers

SimonIMG_3950.JPGIMG_3944.JPGIMG_3943.JPG

Chukka64

Reaction score
It was already mapped when I bought it unfortunately so I’ve got nothing to compare it against. Good amount of pull though as the torque is up to 400nm.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this sounds daft but the surface of the hub to spacer has to be spotlessly cleaned, in my wisdom when I fitted my spacers I smeared a very small amount of copper grease on the hubs but I found that even this caused slight vibration at 70-80

Chukka64

Reaction score
I know this sounds daft but the surface of the hub to spacer has to be spotlessly cleaned, in my wisdom when I fitted my spacers I smeared a very small amount of copper grease on the hubs but I found that even this caused slight vibration at 70-80

A good point. The solution was far more simple, I took it to a different garage and asked them to double check the balance. One wheel was way off so they re-balanced them and the problem has disappeared 👍

Pedro

Reaction score
I wouldn't fit them if you paid me in gold bars as per the reason below....

Attachments

• Wheel spacers.PNG
    Wheel spacers.PNG
    73 KB · Views: 28

Chukka64

Reaction score
That’s probably a fair point if you are running standard rims with the standard offset as you would be widening the track and creating extra leverage. Mine are not standard rims, the spacer is simply there to artificially make the offsets the same. In theory, the track is no wider so there should be no additional leverage. If one of my wheels overtakes me on my way to Leeds on Tuesday then I may amend this post 😂

Pedro

Reaction score
Let us know which Hospital A&E you'll be in so we can all send you some Easter eggs ! 😀

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
A good point. The solution was far more simple, I took it to a different garage and asked them to double check the balance. One wheel was way off so they re-balanced them and the problem has disappeared 👍
Glad you got it sorted 👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s probably a fair point if you are running standard rims with the standard offset as you would be widening the track and creating extra leverage. Mine are not standard rims, the spacer is simply there to artificially make the offsets the same. In theory, the track is no wider so there should be no additional leverage. If one of my wheels overtakes me on my way to Leeds on Tuesday then I may amend this post 😂
Exactly I’ve had to do the same as my alloys have a different offset

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s always going to be someone come up with a reason to diss mods and I can get the fact about spacers “maybe” reducing the life of wheel bearings but you just don’t hear of it being a problem.
It’s just like the anti remap brigade “it will reduce the life of your engine” 🤦‍♂️

Pedro

Reaction score
I only post the facts not the fiction :(

Chukka64

Reaction score
60CDAD68-7314-48F8-9209-60038BDC3EBA.jpeg458DD0DA-4418-4822-805D-CAC00E16E408.jpegFinally finished fitting the rear diffuser following my trip to Tony Banks in Leeds for my new funky quad exhaust. I am a very happy camper and pleased to report that all wheels are still exactly where they’re supposed to be 😜

Pedro

Reaction score
If you paint out the bolts with some black enamel it will hide them & finish the job proper 👍 I was looking at the rear Maxton diffuser (front one fitted 2yr ago) for mine as I am fitting their side skirts this coming week

Chukka64

Reaction score
If you paint out the bolts with some black enamel it will hide them & finish the job proper 👍 I was looking at the rear Maxton diffuser (front one fitted 2yr ago) for mine as I am fitting their side skirts this coming week
I ended up fitting extra brackets as having spoken to the guys at Maxton they seem to think it stays on with two bolts through the rear winglets and the 3M tape on the 3 vertical pieces. I wasn’t convinced so added a bit of extra protection