What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wondering what this connector is for?

Jh72i

Reaction score
1617796293719.png

my picture is a little blurry but perhaps enough for one of you clever folks to answer - what is this connector on my RCZ R actually for?

RCZ-SWED

Reaction score
I asked the same question over a year ago, but no one seems to know what it is for, or at least no one has answered.

Jh72i

Reaction score
I even tried to take a better picture yesterday because it is very weird not to have someone on here know.

Attachments

• 9BEB28C8-CE15-4D7B-951F-04B2D4AE89F7.jpeg
    9BEB28C8-CE15-4D7B-951F-04B2D4AE89F7.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 21

Pedro

Reaction score
Some variants have plugs fitted to accommodate added Electrical components like on a 207 GT convertible there is a wired connector which runs alongside the Turbo intake pipe but there is no visible socket ?
I wouldn't bother with it as it can't be live form the ECU otherwise you'd have EML light & would be tracing a wiring fault & it may be not fused either

MPC

Reaction score
I also have a similar "loose plug" in the trunk. behind one of the side covers (i think the left one). i always understood that wiring harnesses were made as universal as possible, to accommodate multiple models with different options, as it is quite expensive to develop and produce 20+ variants for a single car.

Logikmaster

Reaction score
It’s a revision redundant connector - all OEM’s uprev wiring harness’s throughout a models life as facelifts or components evolve over the product Life but use up stock of each harness iteration or make running changes that result in connectors or wires becoming redundant until the next generation of harness is introduced into the production run, also not forgetting that all options for each model variation are also catered for in one harness iteration to reduce stock cost as the more they use of each version the cost per harness is lower for the OEM. I personally would make sure it’s dry and tape it up out of the way and forget about it 😀