What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wiring problems

Le55

Reaction score
Hi there....I'm looking to see if anyone has had the same problem with their RCZ. For a while now I have had problems with my car going into limp mode. After taking it to the garage i was told they couldn't find a fault. Although the engine light is on and hardly any power, they couldn't fault it! I changed the coils myself and that seemed to work but then started again! I took it to a garage today and they have just called to say it's the wiring and they don't deal with wiring!! 😡 Has anyone had similar problems and if so....why don't mechanics 'deal' with wiring!!??

chrismac

Reaction score
A session with a proper Diagnostic machine would be an idea. It may cost £50 but its a better start than the clowns you just used. They "don't deal with wiring" but they are sure that the wiring is at fault.

Sounds like Cowboys. 🤠

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
There may be someone local to you that has pp2k/diagbox who would do you a session for beer tokens.

I have it but I'm in Lincolnshire.

Le55

Reaction score
A session with a proper Diagnostic machine would be an idea. It may cost £50 but its a better start than the clowns you just used. They "don't deal with wiring" but they are sure that the wiring is at fault.

Sounds like Cowboys. 🤠
They done a diagnostic on it and says its defo the wiring just not sure which! I'm taking it to the Peugeot dealership tomorrow! It will cost me but, you're right about the cowboys, fed up with them...AND because I'm female they treat me like a halfwit!! 🥴

Pedro

Reaction score
Always get the car on a scanner & post up the OBD fault codes before spending any more money those codes point to where there may be a problem as for loss of power there are generally 2 issues to look at excluding any major components
Fuel & ignition combustion faults are sometimes one of the culprits to look for when the power drops off & even changing the plugs & coils will remedy a lot of issues on these engines
I would also have the battery checked?

DavidS

Reaction score
They done a diagnostic on it and says its defo the wiring just not sure which! I'm taking it to the Peugeot dealership tomorrow! It will cost me but, you're right about the cowboys, fed up with them...AND because I'm female they treat me like a halfwit!! 🥴
What was your problem in the end? I assume you got it fixed? Was it wiring?