What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Will Dension DAB+U work with NG4 wip com 3d head unit?

A

Anonymous

Hello All,

I have searched all over the net, and also contacted several Peugeot dealers, and even the manufacturer of Dension, but no one can tell me if the Dension DAB+U adapter will work with my Wip com 3d unit.

Is there someone here that have tried this, and know if it works or not?

I have heared that if uyo put a USB stick with MP3 files in the USB port, the files will be casched into the HDD. Is this true?

frankvdb

Reaction score
Booboobegone said:
Hello All,

I have searched all over the net, and also contacted several Peugeot dealers, and even the manufacturer of Dension, but no one can tell me if the Dension DAB+U adapter will work with my Wip com 3d unit.

Is there someone here that have tried this, and know if it works or not?

I have heared that if uyo put a USB stick with MP3 files in the USB port, the files will be casched into the HDD. Is this true?
I am not aware of anyone with DAB on the NG4. I'm afraid it's not designed for that.
The NG4 has external input connectors in the glovebox that you can use, but there will be no way to control the DAB radio from the NG4 controls.

If you put a USB drive in the slot under the armrest, or SD card in the unit, you can play music from it directly and it won't be cached to the hard disk.
For convenience, you can copy the music to the disk yourself in the media menu, which is what I always do. The capacity is only 10 GB though, so I think the best option is to get a large SD card and leave that in the unit for music.

The NG4 is older than the RT6 (NG4 also doesn't stream music via bluetooth), yet people who have used both prefer the usability of the NG4.

A

Anonymous

If you put a USB drive in the slot under the armrest, or SD card in the unit, you can play music from it directly and it won't be cached to the hard disk.

If the files is not cached to the disk, i think the Dension adapter will work. :thumbup:

I think i will order one and try.

I'll report back the results.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Booboobegone said:

If the files is not cached to the disk, i think the Dension adapter will work. :thumbup:

Is that because the adapter disguises itself as a flash drive?
I would be surpised if it work so I'm curious about your findings.
Good luck :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
Booboobegone said:

Is that because the adapter disguises itself as a flash drive?
I would be surpised if it work so I'm curious about your findings.
Good luck :thumbup:

Yes, as i have been told, the Dension DAB adapter works as a USB flash drive, where the different radio chanels are converted to MP3 files.

Ordrerd one online to day, so hopefully we'll know the answer during next week. :)

A

Anonymous

Hello Again!

I have finaly got around to test the Dension DAB+U Adapter with my WIP COM 3D / NG4 unit.

After trying lot of different configuration files, I got it working! :clap:

If I remember correctly, it was the K24 config file that worked, and I have about 10 seconds bufferingtime when changing stations.

Now everything is working from the steering wheel controls, and i don't have to mount an ugly DAB adapter remote on the dashboard :mrgreen:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
BooBooBegone,

Very pleased you got this to work with your NG4 unit and works through the steering wheel controls - brilliant !!

and a big thanks for posting your results. Anyone else now who has the NG4 ( lucky Z'ers ) can use this adapter for full Dab..

Right that's the NG4 sorted - how do you do the RT6 is it the same? Have checked mine and though it has JBL it has not got Dab.

Not bothered much about streaming, can just stick a USB up it's - connector !!

Cheers n Beers

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
BooBooBegone,

Very pleased you got this to work with your NG4 unit and works through the steering wheel controls - brilliant !!

and a big thanks for posting your results. Anyone else now who has the NG4 ( lucky Z'ers ) can use this adapter for full Dab..

Right that's the NG4 sorted - how do you do the RT6 is it the same? Have checked mine and though it has JBL it has not got Dab.

Not bothered much about streaming, can just stick a USB up it's - connector !!

Cheers n Beers

Works perfectly on my RT6, using the config files suggested in the manual :)