What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wheel spacers for my R - to fit 19" Technical's from a GT

stagger321

Reaction score
Lo there.

Its time to get my manky R's 19" alloys re-powder coated and diamond cut.
A while back I bought a set of 19" Technical's from a breaker and had a look see what one was like fitted - to see if they cleared the caliper.
I want to fit these while my alloys are being worked on, and maybe also use during next winter with winter tyres on.

As expected - with a different offset they went on and cleared the massive caliper diameter wise, but the back of the alloy face pretty much butt'd up against the caliper.
So I am looking for wheel spacers to compensate for the different offset.

R wheels are 9.0 J 19 CH5-24 (so 9" wide with 24mm offset if I read it right)
Technicals are 8.5 J 19 CH5-27 (8.5" with 27mm offset)

So what can I get away with here? Do I go only 5mm, or can I fit more in before I get wheel arch rubbing of the tyre?
Before you bang a response out - please appreciate - this is for the R - not a GT/Sport - so the requirements are different.

Discuss

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Wheel spacers for my R - to fit 19" Technical's from a G

Yeh the R are 9” wide instead of 8.5” on GT to clear those Alcon callipers, I would go 15mm spacers, you shouldnt get any problems with rubbing arches as you can go 20mm with the standard wheels without problems :thumbup:

stagger321

Reaction score

Thanks.
You sure - on the fronts? I am less worried about the rears.
I can seem to get 5mm spacers easily enough (without bolts - will have to find some) - and 15mm (with bolts) from fleabay.
Just was unsure if I would get rubbing on the front arches on full lock/bump with the 15mm ones.
The R runs lowered suspension anyway - which kinda makes things worst.

I can't find it now, but I thought I saw RCZ-Performance saying 10mm was max - which is a more difficult size to get - mainly because they can't be Hubcentric at this size I think.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

It’s the clearance from the callipers that’s critical I’m just not sure if 5mm will clear them your just making up the difference in offset :eusa-think:
I’m sure I’ve seen hubcentric 5mm and 10mm spacers on eBay.

stagger321

Reaction score

I've used the http://www.willtheyfit.com site to put together a number of spacer options - comparing the R wheels with the Technicals - with a number of thickness spacers.

I believe adding a spacer to a wheel with Positive offset reduces that offset.

Due to the different offset, combined with the different width of the (8.5") wheel you can see the see the how much the wheel sticks out in the arch vs the R wheels (with no spacer).

I was going to go with the 5mm spacer, as they are cheap, but the gap to the big calipers are marginal.
10mm spacers sit better, but are difficult to get hold of and often expensive.
15mm spacers are cheaply available, but do they stick out too much, bearing in mind the lowered R suspension?

Share link to google photo of the options are shown here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8CJG3GF6e8Pdum6RA