What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What’s this sensor at the bottom of the door card?

RCZKam

Reaction score
I think it’s a sensor I’m not sure, can’t find anything in the handbook, 156 auto GT

It’s on both sides, haven’t touched anything on it yet just incase

C86A19D8-C2F5-44B7-ABBE-2281736FD18A.jpegD3606F82-6279-4554-90B0-EAE1E51090A0.jpeg

D77E002A-A38F-4A21-8E8C-5150E3AAC042.jpeg

chrismac

Reaction score
Pretty sure thats not a standard Peugeot fitting.
Is it some type of alarm that triggers when the door is opened. If thats a metal plate on the sill it could be some type of contact breaker.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say a previous owner added that.
Hopefully it's only stuck on rather than screwed.

1955drr

Reaction score
They look like battery powered laser type puddle lamps that project an image instead of just light. Either try new batteries or just remove them, gently of course, probably double sided taped on.

RCZKam

Reaction score
Pretty sure thats not a standard Peugeot fitting.
Is it some type of alarm that triggers when the door is opened. If thats a metal plate on the sill it could be some type of contact breaker.

That was my thoughts initially seeing where it is

Had a closer look, got a pic of the underside and there is some kind of "lens" however the lens don't align up with the small pad on the door sill, it actually sits on the other end to where you would think, yellow arrow

Door sensor 2.png

I don't think a pro company has put this on as the pad on the door sill could do with a bit more "keeping within the lines when drawing etc" 🤣

Door sensor 3.png

It looks worse from opening the door

RCZKam

Reaction score
They look like battery powered laser type puddle lamps that project an image instead of just light. Either try new batteries or just remove them, gently of course, probably double sided taped on.

Now when I woke up this morning wanting to post this topic I did wonder what kind of replies I might get, I did think of a helluva lot, I can honestly say hand on heart I didn't think I would get a reply like this! 😂

I had puddle lights on a previous car (under the wing mirrors) and it was a nice option, but this projecting an image instead of a light I am wondering now what its gonna project...hopefully not words like "Should of bought a TT" 🤣

Funny you should mention batteries, what looks like searching for signal nowadays used to mean help to slide

Door sensor 1.png

Arrow just points to a push switch, can only be to the lower hard plastic area of the seat, will check tomorrow

Oh and pop off cover...

Cheers 👍

2retro

Reaction score
Pull out that thing the arrow is pointing to and you will see it's a tiny lens with a picture of (most likely) a Peugeot logo...

NF7

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a logo projection lens. Some people replace the puddle lights and some put stuff like this on the car.

RCZKam

Reaction score
They look like battery powered laser type puddle lamps that project an image instead of just light.

Spot on mate 👍

Pull out that thing the arrow is pointing to and you will see it's a tiny lens with a picture of (most likely) a Peugeot logo...

You know your shizzle don’t you but meant in a nice way 😂

C2B72225-64FA-4BFB-85FF-F927F0EC68A2.jpeg

Mystery solved, cheers peeps 😎