What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What would you do?

D

Deleted User

Hi all,

I have this little chip near the boot slam -

Clearly it's not going to polish out - but what would you do?

Leave it and pretend it's not there?

Or

Try and use a touch up pen to mask it?

I've bought one, but in the past every time I've used one it winds up looking like a total mess and makes it even worse...

Any advice / tips / thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian B

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had a couple of small chips on mine so I went to a local paint shop & they mixed me up a small container with an ultrafine brush.

I carefully just touched up the chip making sure not to overlap, I gave it a few coats so as to build up the level, and when I had finished, it looked a right balls up, so probably best not to do that. :wtf:

D

Deleted User

DKZ5745 said:
I had a couple of small chips on mine so I went to a local paint shop & they mixed me up a small container with an ultrafine brush.

I carefully just touched up the chip making sure not to overlap, I gave it a few coats so as to build up the level, and when I had finished, it looked a right balls up, so probably best not to do that. :wtf:

ha. so basically, unless you bite the bullet and get it resprayed, it's best just to 'deal with it' !? :lol: :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’d go for one of the smart repair guys have used them in the past on other vehicles and I’ve been happy with the results :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have seen their results too, don’t know why I didn’t think of that, they are very good :thumbup:

tianorth

Reaction score
I was given some advice about touch up paint.

Use a tooth pick and dip it in the touch up pot and using the point let a small amount in the area to touch up and add more as required.
Keep the quantity small.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sounds like good advice Chris, my problem was the paint being 3 shades darker than the rest of the car :eusa-think: :crazy:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Sounds like good advice Chris, my problem was the paint being 3 shades darker than the rest of the car :eusa-think: :crazy:

That could have been a lot worse Pete.....

3 shades of GREY !!!!

Nemi

Reaction score
Joske said:
Brake hard every time you need to stop in the hope somebody will hit you in the rear. :mrgreen:
And then a complete respray of the rear. :beer:
Or hit a cat, just like i did :shock: Now i have my front bumper repainted and it looks pretty good :thumbup: