What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What DIN ?

tianorth

Reaction score
There's a high probability that I would win most months then!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Tangerine1 said:
stewartwillsher said:
https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-2-din-car-stereo-534610

Google is your friend! :clap:
:beer:

Thanks Stewart I feel a bit of a tit now I did misread what DIN was I promise I wont ask daft questions again I think :beer:

I think much that I learned throughout my life was from asking so called "stupid questions", until Google came along; then nobody knows what elementary info you are seeking (well possibly some database inside Google does).
Owning up here: I hadn't a clue what DIN meant with regard to car radios, so typed "din car radio", and Bob's your uncle, I can appear knowledgeable! :oops:

frankvdb

Reaction score
DIN means no more or less than that it is a German standard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsches_Institut_für_Normung
and they have standards for everything (just like ANSI for the US, BSI for the UK and ISO for international standards).
For slots in the dashboard the standard covers the dimensions of the slot, so single DIN is one slot (like the RT6) and dual DIN is for a device that covers two slots on top of each other (such as NG4).

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Spot on Frank.

You going to the next Euro Meet in Zeeland? If so cu there ! Regards Mick.