What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What are you protecting your car with over the winter months

A

Anonymous

Re: What are you protecting your car with over the winter mo

I was worried after it rained for about 4 solid hours after I did mine. So checked on DW forums some on there had it rain on theirs about 1 hour after application and still had no adverse effects on it so made me feel better. Really does make u lazy all u've gotta do is wash it every 2/3 weeks. The rain does help keep it clean and we've plenty of that. Think I should get commission from gtechniq :)

A

Anonymous

photojohn said:
I'm not really knowledgeable (damn that's a big word for me, but knowing jack $*** doesn't sound polite) about all this. But I've been using Autoglym extra gloss protection to seal the car. Really really really easy to apply and buff off! Has good reviews too. Plus I put some of the sample wax from waxybox on top and the blue looks grand!

i use autoglym paint sealant as well its an awesome product lasts well. to and to reapply takes only a few minutes leave for an hour to cure and buff off.

A

Anonymous

I take it that you all leave your cars outside and open to the elements.I think if you are lucky enough to garage the car and use a simple paint carer like autoglym as mentioned,it will survive ok.Save some cash as well with all these other products mentioned(what ever they are).

RCZ1

Reaction score

The other products give better protection and need properly prepared paint before applying and because of their coating properties, require a longer curing time, at least 12 hours or more. This means that it shouldn't get wet whilst it is still curing. Good preparation = longer lasting protection.

A

Anonymous

I think it all depends on how you want to keep the car and if garaged through the year.I dont think all that work is needed if you maybe keep the car for maybe 3 years max? It all depends on how long you intend to keep a car for and how precious it is to you really.

RCZ1

Reaction score

It doesn't matter if a car is sat in a garage all it's life or driven thousand of miles a year, but they all need protection. A car gets covered in all sorts of crud, iron contamination, tar, bird poo and therefore etching, swirls, scratches, etc. etc. the better the protection on the car the less these problems will impact on your car's paintwork. Better to start looking after it from the start rather than trying to do something with it 4 years down the line when it will be much harder work. The preparation may take time initially but it's worth it in the long run particularly when it last for at least 2 years.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

wrapper said:
I think it all depends on how long you intend to keep a car for and how precious it is to you really.

You've hit the nail on the head. Both points there are true. I do tend to keep my cars only 3-4 years but a considerable whack of my salary is spent on my car and I want it to look good. It annoys me to see people spending a small fortune onntgeir cars and abuse them.
I'd much rather people look at my car and think 'wow' than 'what a shed'. Plus, hard as it may seem, people do ENJOY detailing, therapy and a chance of peace and quiet for some!

A

Anonymous

I pay cash for my car..
I take the hit.
I keep ii in the garage .
And i autoglym it....

The wrapper has rapped.... yay mon....rastafariiiiiiiii..... :helpme: