What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

water temperature sensor

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody know what the correct part number is for a water temperature sensor THP200 2015? I have seen 1338 mentioned but the last letters seem to make a difference.

I have found this part on eBay (item # 254321738412) which is a 1338C1 / 1338.C1. Seems to match on their vehicle check but I have heard that some parts may need to be OEM or Bosch etc.

Only reason I am looking to get one is I have noticed recently my temp will occasionally drop down to mostly 80 but sometimes a little lower then creep back up slowly (never goes above 90). Also does it under hard acceleration. So my thoughts are this sensor could be on its way out?

Still get warm air, no EML's, no loss of coolant. Could it be something else?

Any help appreciated.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Most likely thermostat housing, mine used to do that

Pedro

Reaction score
Bought form Ebay fitted on my 200

Attachments

• themostat tank.PNG
    themostat tank.PNG
    94.4 KB · Views: 9

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Did it lose coolant though? or does the crack/flaw just affect the pressure? I havent had any coolant loss.
No didn't lose coolant, mine just used to fluctuate alot so had it replaced and sorted. If you have the 200 make sure u get the correct thermostat as its different to the 156 thermostat

KMG

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody know what the correct part number is for a water temperature sensor THP200 2015? I have seen 1338 mentioned but the last letters seem to make a difference.

I have found this part on eBay (item # 254321738412) which is a 1338C1 / 1338.C1. Seems to match on their vehicle check but I have heard that some parts may need to be OEM or Bosch etc.

Only reason I am looking to get one is I have noticed recently my temp will occasionally drop down to mostly 80 but sometimes a little lower then creep back up slowly (never goes above 90). Also does it under hard acceleration. So my thoughts are this sensor could be on its way out?

Still get warm air, no EML's, no loss of coolant. Could it be something else?

Any help appreciated.
On this subject, my 156 temp gauge sometimes goes straight up to 80 within minutes, then drops back and 'stabilizes', and sometimes doesn't move for miles then creeps up to normal. It never goes past 80 though.
It seems to depend on the outside temperatute. If the thermostat was stuck closed, I'd show hot, if stuck open, the needle would never move, I guess.
Is this normal behaviour, or should the gauge just go to normal and sit there?
I'm in for a winter service in October, so I'll get the thermostat and temp sensor checked out....

KG

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine did it once about a month ago early morning in the heatwave it was rising then went up to 90 then after a few miles it stabilised to normal I put it down to atmospherics & possibly door sensor its been ok since so I'm not bothered as it shows no leaks plus the heater tested & air con all normal

KMG

Reaction score
Mine did it once about a month ago early morning in the heatwave it was rising then went up to 90 then after a few miles it stabilised to normal I put it down to atmospherics & possibly door sensor its been ok since so I'm not bothered as it shows no leaks plus the heater tested & air con all normal
I'll get mine checked out. This morning, needle rose quickly to 80, then fell back to the 50 mark and then gradually crept up. I strongly suspect the thermostat.
Am I correct in thinking a new thermostat module also requires a replacement wiring loom, and does the module also contain the temperature sensor, or is that elsewhere?
I've been quoted £300 all in to replace the module. Is that reasonable?

Thanks.
KG

Pedro

Reaction score
Depending on Model or engine code they upgraded the connections ( longer tails) on the thermostat housing on a 200 & R the plug goes directly into the tanks rear socket on the new design for the 156 the tails have to reach further to their connectors as the sensor is in a different position now
The temp sensor is inside the housing so its all in one
Labour costs may be at the high end as its not a quick bolt off & on job as the Tank is underneath engine loom wiring carrier below the air intake & turbo hose the battery has to come out all intake pipework is off coolant is drained & coolant hoses disconnected

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I never replaced the sensor after all.
It was happening during the heatwave, so A/C was switched on, however, there was no refrigerant (since refilled it myself). I havent seen any fluctuations since.
Not sure whether it was coincidental or well known, but maybe hot weather, no (or low) refrigerant, and trying to use A/C causes it?

KMG

Reaction score
On this subject, my 156 temp gauge sometimes goes straight up to 80 within minutes, then drops back and 'stabilizes', and sometimes doesn't move for miles then creeps up to normal. It never goes past 80 though.
It seems to depend on the outside temperatute. If the thermostat was stuck closed, I'd show hot, if stuck open, the needle would never move, I guess.
Is this normal behaviour, or should the gauge just go to normal and sit there?
I'm in for a winter service in October, so I'll get the thermostat and temp sensor checked out....

KG
Had my system checked and everything ok, apart from 'weak' coolant...had it changed. Temp needle still hangs about for a while before moving up...I'm just going to have to accept it's ok....get warm air for vents shortly after starting up etc, so will move onto next job....painting calipers!

KG

Pedro

Reaction score
Coolant change is recommended every 5 yrs but who bothers when the bottle is full ?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the coolant is now organic it's recommended that you have it changed every three years... Was informed of this last month when I had the cam belt changed.....