What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Water in driver side footwell

Anonymous

Reaction score
Hi all
I’m really hoping someone can help?!
I have RCZ year 2010 recently I have found a large amount of water in the driver side footwell. I took it to the garage, they checked all heating aspects, pipes, heating Matrix etc and found no problem. They slowly poured water around the car.....again nothing. They took it for a drive to see if coolant dropped and kept it for a couple of days. They got back to me defeated saying they don’t know what the problem is. Has anyone had any experience with this? I personally checked the boot as the back footwell also felt damp but couldn’t see any pools of water!
Any help will be appreciated.
Has anyone else had this problem?

2retro

Reaction score
Had it rained a lot prior to finding the wet carpet? Mine did it once, same place, after lots of rain. I assumed it had got in through a door seal. Dryed it out and hasn't happened again so, yeah, weird!

Anonymous

Reaction score
Yeah there has been some very heavy rain still trying to dry it out so I can gage if it keeps doing it

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the roof seal is not leaking & for some strange reason earlier models suffered water ingress in the boot
Check window seal
Check the door seal
Check the headliner over the passenger side is not damp

Attachments

• roof bar.PNG
    roof bar.PNG
    158.7 KB · Views: 15
  • roof seal.PNG
    roof seal.PNG
    192.2 KB · Views: 17

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
Hi, thanks. I have checked the head lining and it is fine.
I am going to check the window seal by pouring water over it while it is open and see where the water comes out. I was also going to soak the closed passenger door and check for leaks.
Funny, The wheel well did have water in it but fine since I dried it out. Have been told water can go in when you life the tailgate and it runs in the boot?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes water will go into the boot when it's been raining and you lift it up best thing to do is lift boot slowly and not all the way up wait until the water stops then lift up the boot fully looks like this.. _20210302_223552.JPG_20210302_223529.JPGthis will stop the water going into the carpet easy to mop up... Hope this helps you out.
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n CoScreenshot_20210302-224451.png

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Clean ALL the drains around the car as the boot floods if the drain holes get blocked good idea to check the window seal & also the front air vents for the pollen filter

Anonymous

Reaction score
it’s such a mystery. We have had no rain so I know it’s not leaking in.
I checked and it’s wet again! Took it to 2 separate garages and they have no idea what is causing it, they both confirmed that it doesn’t smell of coolant and the heating inside the car is working ok! So confusing and guidance would be appreciated

Jumper

Reaction score
Hi all
I’m really hoping someone can help?!
I have RCZ year 2010 recently I have found a large amount of water in the driver side footwell. I took it to the garage, they checked all heating aspects, pipes, heating Matrix etc and found no problem. They slowly poured water around the car.....again nothing. They took it for a drive to see if coolant dropped and kept it for a couple of days. They got back to me defeated saying they don’t know what the problem is. Has anyone had any experience with this? I personally checked the boot as the back footwell also felt damp but couldn’t see any pools of water!
Any help will be appreciated.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Did they check the rain water drain holes under the windscreen wiper scuttle? There is drain holes under it if they get blocked the water will pool and find a way into the cabin via the bulk head.

Woodso

Reaction score
Clean ALL the drains around the car as the boot floods if the drain holes get blocked good idea to check the window seal & also the front air vents for the pollen filter
Don't forget to clear the drain holes in casing of the rear spoiler housing as water will piss in when the boot lid is lifted. I had that problem, cleared with a wooden skewer I had in the kitchen drawer through the rubber grommets in the lip of the boot and have bought some pipe cleaners just to keep it clean.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Did they check the rain water drain holes under the windscreen wiper scuttle? There is drain holes under it if they get blocked the water will pool and find a way into the cabin via the bulk head.
Hi yes that was the first thing they checked and it was all clear. I’ve driven again today and yet again it’s we’re have had no rain

Pedro

Reaction score
Water ingress is very difficult to pin down without stripping out carpets etc. One of our neighbor's has a fiat 500 with the rear light cluster seals leaking & same problem with drivers footwell its been to too garages & it is now in a body shop!