What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Want to take the plunge

TheJester

Reaction score
Hi chaps and chappesses.

Joined at the weekend and now wanting to take the plunge into buying my first RCZ.
Had a let down re the insurance cost as I've just moved too so treading carefully with my purchase.

I know all cars are different but is a mark 2 diesel a chain or belt?one I've seen has 64k with full service history but is anything due at the 70k or so mark?

Anything else I should look for?

All help appreciated 👍

RCZKam

Reaction score
Welcome to the club :cool:

Diesels are belts, petrols are chains

Have a search on here for buying guides or to make it easier just type in google - rczforum buying guides

Make yourself a brew and enjoy the reading, lots of topics

TheJester

Reaction score
Cheers didn't realise it was as simple as that. Shows how little I know. Will look up that section when home from work so can concentrate on the details.thank you

TheJester

Reaction score
I presume its still wise to keep away from cat n or s etc even if been repaired to a good standard?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Cat N’s should be fine as it’s just cosmetic damage that the insurance companies don’t see viable to repair due to cost, cat S is structural but as long as they’re repaired properly can still be a good buy, the diesel your looking at should be fine at that milage and the timing belt has another 40-50K miles in it unless you go on age, not a really expensive job £350-£400

TheJester

Reaction score
Cheers for reply. I love the car but determined not to let my heart rule my head in terms of cost and I'm no different to anyone else in that just don't want to make a mistake and get a pup amd presume a warranty from a dealer is subject to giving asking price?never know til I ask of course. Had a lease car for last 7 years so not had to worry as such

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s a lot of RCZ’s out there on the market, but very few nice ones that have been properly looked after, they’re such a gorgeous car it’s hard to walk away from cars that just don’t cut it but the right car is out there.