What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Video in motion

Valex

Reaction score
I don't know from where to start :rolleyes: , I will start from the end 😁.
Agama car launcher.jpg Poweramp.jpg
Torque Pro.jpg Waze.jpg

This is the "chaos" inside the glove box o_O
20210926_143512.jpg

I took the 12V from under the cigarette lighter plug on the central tunnel and bring it to a 12V --> 5V (8A) converter. The 5V output is a female USB and I connected a USB splitter with switches. From there I power up an HDMI to RCA audio/video adapter and a wireless audio/video receiver (Microsoft wireless display adapter v2)
HDMI to AV.JPGMicrosoft wireless display adapter v2.JPG

The smartphone duplicate everything is on the screen and sends it to the wireless receiver. The converter converts the HDMI signal in audio-video RCA so I can connect the 3 cables to the external audio-video input of the NG4 car stereo.

Now, the problem was that when the car is moving faster than 10km/h the car stereo doesn't allow to watch video :rolleyes: so I found out a video in motion interface.
This is what is needed for the RCZ
tf-psa.jpg
But I bought a second-hand one for another car because only the harness is different but the box is always the same (I paid 30 Euro vs 120-160 Euro 😁)
This is the universal model
tf-u500.jpg

I found the manual of the interface and a Russian website with the NG4 pinout so I was able to find the CAN bus high and the CAN bus low needed (plus 12V permanent and ground)
20210925_115057.jpg

So now I can see what shows on the first pictures also when I drive more than 10 Km/h :cool:!
Video quality is not so bad for be just an analogic signal :).
The last thing that I need to do is to automate the starting of the casting on the smartphone. Tasker (app) should do this but I've no idea how to use it. Time to learn something new 🤓 .

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Your a very clever man 👏👏 super job best I’ve seen on the ng4 system

Niconac

Reaction score
Bonjour je ne comprends pas tout pouvez vous mette les liens des différents accessoires à acheter pour faire cette installation s'il vous plaît merci

Marmite

Reaction score
I don't know from where to start :rolleyes: , I will start from the end 😁.
View attachment 11962 View attachment 11963
View attachment 11964 View attachment 11965

This is the "chaos" inside the glove box o_O
View attachment 11966

I took the 12V from under the cigarette lighter plug on the central tunnel and bring it to a 12V --> 5V (8A) converter. The 5V output is a female USB and I connected a USB splitter with switches. From there I power up an HDMI to RCA audio/video adapter and a wireless audio/video receiver (Microsoft wireless display adapter v2)
View attachment 11967View attachment 11968

The smartphone duplicate everything is on the screen and sends it to the wireless receiver. The converter converts the HDMI signal in audio-video RCA so I can connect the 3 cables to the external audio-video input of the NG4 car stereo.

Now, the problem was that when the car is moving faster than 10km/h the car stereo doesn't allow to watch video :rolleyes: so I found out a video in motion interface.
This is what is needed for the RCZ
View attachment 11969
But I bought a second-hand one for another car because only the harness is different but the box is always the same (I paid 30 Euro vs 120-160 Euro 😁)
This is the universal model
View attachment 11970

I found the manual of the interface and a Russian website with the NG4 pinout so I was able to find the CAN bus high and the CAN bus low needed (plus 12V permanent and ground)
View attachment 11971

So now I can see what shows on the first pictures also when I drive more than 10 Km/h :cool:!
Video quality is not so bad for be just an analogic signal :).
The last thing that I need to do is to automate the starting of the casting on the smartphone. Tasker (app) should do this but I've no idea how to use it. Time to learn something new 🤓 .
Is this possible on the rt 6