What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

very basic carplay work around

niggy0

Reaction score
Ok, so i have just picked up my RCZ-r a couple of days ago, and really needed carplay or the like for my longer journeys.
Unfortunately the bluetooth options dont work on the apps i have in the car ( i like to use spotify and Audible - helps keep me awake).

But i have now worked out (after my brain being slower than a Citroen 2CV) that i could just use a bluetooth adaptor. to achieve the results i want.

(UGREEN Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter, 3.5mm & RCA Phono Bluetooth V5.0 Aux Receiver for Wireless HiFi Stereo Music Streaming A2DP for Phones, Tablets with Bose, Edifier, Speaker, Sound Bar, Amplifier, etc: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo)

Just plug into arm rest usb to charge and headphone jack in..
And to be perfectly honest i think it had done a good work around as i can still use my phones TomTom whilst listening to the music/audible throught the sound system.

Just thought id put this here in case anybody else is ina similar position - or so you can just point and call me stupid!!.

NF7

Reaction score
I have this: 0.35£ 58% OFF|BT 5.1 3.5mm audio cable Adapter Bluetooth compatible Audio Receiver Dual Output AUX USB Stereo Car Hands free Call Up to 10m|Wireless Adapter| - AliExpress

Always connected to the USB, turns on when I unlock the car, turns off when locking the car, connects automatically - music starts playing when putting the key in ignition. I have AUX cable routed under the plastics from the glovebox. What does not work is changing the songs with the wheel controls. If you want that, you'll need this: Bluetooth Audio Adapter kA-2 PSA V1 (Peugeot, Citroen)

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm lost for the need for that.

Why can't you connect over Bluetooth on the car stereo?

I connect over my R's Bluetooth and this allows music streaming. The steering wheel controls allow skipping tracks. Other than that I use voice commands to change albums, different playlists or many other apps including Maps.

I'm using a Google Pixel 4XL.

NF7

Reaction score

I connect over my R's Bluetooth and this allows music streaming. The steering wheel controls allow skipping tracks. Other than that I use voice commands to change albums, different playlists or many other apps including Maps.

Because NG4 SatNav does not allow BT music playback. The only thing allowed over Bluetooth on the NG4 is Handsfree calling.

niggy0

Reaction score

What app are you streaming through?
as cant get a sound from mine - assume all R's would be same headunit etc

Kerr

Reaction score
Because NG4 SatNav does not allow BT music playback. The only thing allowed over Bluetooth on the NG4 is Handsfree calling.
NiggyO has an R. I think they all have the RT6 system.

What app are you streaming through?
as cant get a sound from mine - assume all R's would be same headunit etc

When I've got the phone connected to the headunit through Bluetooth whatever sound would be coming out the phone is coming out the speakers.

I use Spotify lots in the car. Also Maps for sat nav.

My R is a later model. I have DAB radio. Maybe there was an upgrade on the Bluetooth streaming too?

niggy0

Reaction score
managed to get it sorted thanks, for the heads up we could do this.
NiggyO has an R. I think they all have the RT6 system.

When I've got the phone connected to the headunit through Bluetooth whatever sound would be coming out the phone is coming out the speakers.

I use Spotify lots in the car. Also Maps for sat nav.

My R is a later model. I have DAB radio. Maybe there was an upgrade on the Bluetooth streaming too?