What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Variable valve timing warnings

Tecnodave

Reaction score
Hi my rcz is displaying a message saying variable valve timing electrical supply not working. And the car won't start. Has anyone got any idea of what is causing it. It came up shortly after changing the four coil packs. Any help would be much appreciated

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe you have unplugged a connection somewhere?
Did you change the coil packs because of a Fault?
Electrical faults on the VVT could point to the electrical solenoid being faulty which will cause a misfire or multiple misfires across all 4 cylinders ( which the owner may think its the coil packs?) so did you have any bad timing running issues before you swopped the coils out?
Get a scanner hooked up as you may end up spending money you didn't have to & still have faults post any codes up & perhaps someone will help you out

Tecnodave

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Pedro, I had to change one a few weeks ago because it had failed, and at the time I could only get one. I replaced the other 3 as soon as I could get them, because they were all the same age and didn't want them failing