What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Update!!!!

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Afternoon All, thanks for everyone’s feedback on my engine management light issue it was much appreciated. It’s been to the garage and found that cylinder no 1 ignition coil required replacement. Just waiting to see if the warranty will pay out. Hopefully won’t be too much of an issue.

Ginge

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Coil packs are cheap and easy.
Literally a 2 minute job.
Hopefully it is that, as a failing high pressure fuel pump can give cylinder 1 misfire codes..

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Y
Hopefully it is that, as a failing high pressure fuel pump can give cylinder 1 misfire codes..
You say cheap and easy. But that was £160

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Really?
I think I paid about £25 for the one I did.

Did that also include the cost of the diag? I have Diagbox at home so just used to use that.

Pedro

Reaction score
I would change the 4 if one has gone the others won't be far behind & its recommended you always change 4 plugs & 4 coli packs in sequence that way your Engine will perform to its max when firing etc

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Definitely do all 4. I did all 4 & plugs when mine went. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out above, it can end up being the HPFP, which it did in my case.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Definitely do all 4. I did all 4 & plugs when mine went. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out above, it can end up being the HPFP, which it did in my case.
I can only do what the warranty will pay for. So the report showed one failed. If any more fail it’s under warranty

Ginge2202

Reaction score
You got a video on how to do it?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
From memory. Bear in mind it's about 3 years ago..

Unclip wiring, lift up the locking lever thing, (or it might be locking thing first which also holds the wiring plug on) pull upwards. No bolts, or screws as I recall.

I may have missed something but I don't think so.

Last edited:

Ginge2202

Reaction score
You got a video on how to do it
Really?
I think I paid about £25 for the one I did.

Did that also include the cost of the diag? I have Diagbox at home so just used to use that.
what kind of diag box do you have

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got Peugeot Planet 2000, Lexia and Diagbox.
Not used them in a few years though so what versions they are I can't remember.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
3 coils and 4 plugs ordered ready for replacement
I would change the 4 if one has gone the others won't be far behind & its recommended you always change 4 plugs & 4 coli packs in sequence that way your Engine will perform to its max when firing etc

Kerr

Reaction score
Did they fix the car?

The other day my car felt hesitant on acceleration. Not too bad, but noticeable when pushing on. I was thinking maybe the petrol as I put Sainsbury's Super Unleaded in for first time ever.

Yesterday the car was noticeably lumpy and then threw a EML and went into limp mode with the fan on full blast. It was code P1338.

A new coil and all is well again. A quick, easy and cheap job thankfully.