What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Update my original Radio to android RVT5637

Vitor Ferreira

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I want update my system radio to Android. Searching in web i identify RVT5637.

It is possible?
Someone have experience with this type of upgrade?
I want insert a Reverse camera to.

My system car is:
RNEG2.37.A.2
Peugeot 508 2.0 Hybrid 12/2013

Goose

Reaction score

Goose

Reaction score
I recently fitted this into mine and reverse camera, use my mobile as a hotspot for the internetScreenshot_20220727-025124_Chrome.jpg

RCZcarforme

Reaction score
I have also purchased this Xtron unit although it might be a slightly updated unit as it now has Android Auto . Did you have any issues with getting the steering wheel buttons working . Are you able to access the menu that allows you to adjust a number of settings including the clock.

lfe

Reaction score
I tell you my experience:

The previous owner of my RCZ had replaced the original NG4 with an Android screen from AliExpress.
Fortunately he also gave me the disassembled original NG4.

Android screen problems:

• The radio was rubbish, constantly losing the station and jumping to another random station. When you turned it off and on it did not remember the station or the sound volume.
  • The analog clock of the RCZ could no longer be set to the time
  • No CD player.
  • The only buttons on the steering wheel that worked were Vol+ and Vol- but the pause by pressing both at the same time did not work.
  • The screen was glued to a frame, once disassembled it can only be thrown in the trash, since it is impossible to separate it from the frame

One of the first things I did was go to the garage where he asked for the screen to be installed so they could reinstall the NG4. I am satisfied with the return to the origin.

In other words, be careful with these changes, it may be that you lose some function, or you finally have a radio or a music player of worse quality than the original.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I was never tempted to alter the stereo in any of my more modern Peugeots. As much as an upgrade would be nice, there is that much tied in to them you never know what functionality you'd lose.

I changed the unit in my 406 to an Alpine one, but back then a radio was a radio.

I had a 508 too, and definitely left that well alone.

Goose

Reaction score
Everything works except for clock adjustment, pull the fuse to get the correct time and aok. My other controls work just fine as do the reverse camera.

RCZcarforme

Reaction score
Hi Goose

What canbus type is configured on your Xtron . Mine was 127 . Xtron support told me to change it to 11 which they believed would resolve the steering wheel radio controls issue but unfortunately it made no difference.

Goose

Reaction score
Hi Goose

What canbus type is configured on your Xtron . Mine was 127 . Xtron support told me to change it to 11 which they believed would resolve the steering wheel radio controls issue but unfortunately it made no difference.
Not sure mate as it's buried in the dash now, my controls all work except clock adjustment

RCZcarforme

Reaction score
You should be able to view the canbus type configured by going into settings , select car infotainment then about device then click gear wheel in top right hand corner. Now enter 8888 or 8878 and then select CAN type to view CAN type configured. Sorry to ask but it would be a big help if you can check this as both myself and Xtron support have run out of ideas as to why the steering wheel controls are not working in my car.