What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

U0140 when connecting aftermarket Head unit

Helmski

Reaction score
Good day troops,

I recently swapped out my original head unit with a double din using the connects 2 adaptor CTSPG013. Everything works great. I bought an OBD2 bluetooth connector and it's flagged up engine code U0140 "Lost Communication With Body Control Module" when I run a diagnostic OBDII scan. No errors on the dash board at all. Now I swapped back to the original head unit, cleared the code and ran another scan and no more engine codes. So it doesn't like the http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTSPG013 for some reason.

Has anyone else came across this or can put me in the right direction to maybe trick it into thinking it has the original still fitted?

Helmski

Reaction score
Helmski said:
Good day troops,

I recently swapped out my original head unit with a double din using the connects 2 adaptor CTSPG013. Everything works great. I bought an OBD2 bluetooth connector and it's flagged up engine code U0140 "Lost Communication With Body Control Module" when I run a diagnostic OBDII scan. No errors on the dash board at all. Now I swapped back to the original head unit, cleared the code and ran another scan and no more engine codes. So it doesn't like the http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTSPG013 for some reason.

Has anyone else came across this or can put me in the right direction to maybe trick it into thinking it has the original still fitted?

Guys, just thought I would give you an update. Here is the reply I got from connects2. Nothing to worry about and totally normal.

"Hi liam,

yes this is completely normal as the diagnostic scanner is trying to see the OEM head unit in the link but as it is missing, then of course it will bring up an error. So if you choose to keep the aftermarket unit fitted, then this error code will remain in the ECU. But it wont do any harm. It just means that there will be no action performed when attempting do any coding changes that involves the OEM head unit as it is no longer present.

Do not "divorce" the OEM head unit from the vehicle either as this may compromise the ability for our stalk adapter to function correctly with the aftermarket unit and of course the ability to access your board computer also.

hope that information helps.

Kind Regards"

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Fault codes do not necessarily mean there are issues.

As an example:
I've had two 407s. Both had fault codes for door mirrors and electric window modules.
Everything worked so no problem ;)

Sent from my BFF 710 using Tapatalk