What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyres

Neville

Reaction score
Needing to buy a pair of tyres for my RCZ-R in 235/40ZR19. The original Goodyear Eagle F1 has been good but no stock in Australia. thinking of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S but also no stock available. Any suggestions please?

apple3337

Reaction score
I fitted Contisport Contact 5 to mine. Pretty pricy at 1300 AUD fitted and balanced. I found it tricky to get high end tyres for the rim size. Very good tyre though....

Kerr

Reaction score
What options do you have?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
How about the new Goodyear Assy 6? Or the Michelin PS4 (without the "s")?

indoldn

Reaction score
There is also the new Conti SportsContact 7. I only have a THP200 and been wanting to try PS4S but not in stock and much dearer now so likely to try the new ContiSports 7 as can seem to get 15% off during sale time in the UK. Goodyer Assy 6 is highly rated too.

Kerr

Reaction score
How about the new Goodyear Assy 6? Or the Michelin PS4 (without the "s")?

There is also Michelin PS5 now.

I put Goodyear Asymmetric 5 on the Mini. Grip levels are good. They are very quiet and smooth due to Goodyear Asymmetric soft sidewalls.

They aren't the best tyres for sharp handling.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I have just had Pirelli P zero fitted to 2 rears.
I have opted for 245/40/19 though. You get slightly more optins in that size, and only around 1% different from original (so within safety margins).

Neville

Reaction score
I have opted for 245/40/19 though. You get slightly more optins in that size, and only around 1% different from original (so within safety margins).
how close are clearances with the larger size? Any noticeable difference to handling?

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
how close are clearances with the larger size? Any noticeable difference to handling?
I havent had any clearance problems. 235's are 671mm diameter, 245's are 679mm diameter so only 8mm larger. Not noticed any handling differences either. I guess you would have to be at the edge of grip to notice though?

The 10mm wider doesnt seem to have pushed it much closer to the arches either. Though again, not been at extremes; bottoming or hard lock etc.

Last edited:

Jerryo48

Reaction score
I'm considering 245/40/19 , to replace my rears, and then similar size when fronts are due

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Im sure I have read about others fitting wheel spacers (maybe 25mm)? so the 10mm wider tyres should be less of a problem if there was one. Although spacers would only affect clearance on the outside edge to be fair.

Jerryo48

Reaction score
Ended up with a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. 235/40ZR19 96Y XL. Very impressed. with them. Quieter than the Eagle F1s.
I went from pilot4s to the eagle F1 asymmetrical 6 on the front, and impressed , not noticed any difference, except possibly quieter than the 4s

Legin76

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Pirelli Powergy? Need two new rears. What's the current thought on the best performance?

Last edited: