What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Two rectangular caps loose

Valex

Reaction score
I'm busy installing something (I will open another thread 😁 ) in the back of the car stereo. Searching for a missed screw that fell down 😅 in the central tunnel I have noticed something strange deep under the tunnel, near the gears linkage box. Two rectangular caps loosed under the central tunnel. Right and left on the pictures.
20210925_145909.jpg20210925_145937.jpg

With a long tweezer that I use in my aquarium, I was able to catch them 😁.
20210925_151905.jpg20210925_151859.jpg

I can see where they should go but it is impossible to put them back without removing the plastic sides of the central tunnel.

Can someone please tell me what they are, and tell me how to remove the plastic sides of the central tunnel? I cannot understand how to do o_O. Maybe I will find also the lost screw :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

2retro

Reaction score
I think they're end caps from the heater which expands when warm and they fall off. I've got a couple too! :D

Valex

Reaction score
I think everyone has them loose, just most of us don't know 🤣 .
Also the screws that keep the plastic frames of the A/C and the shift boot frame were all loose. No one of them was tight 😁.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks to me lo
Like the caps fitted on the 308cc that don't have neck scarf fitted don't forget that the RCZ was based on the 308cc.. 308... Hope this helps you out...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep caps off the heater ducting if not fitted they can cause overheating in the console area affecting the audio systems

Valex

Reaction score
I think I found out the mystery of the rectangular caps :)!
These are the front seats of the 308CC
308CC.JPG
308CC 2.JPG

And this is a page of the manual
308CC 3.JPG

Unbelievable that the 308CC had the same features of more expensive convertible cars :). Actually it was the first (see brochure after the edit).

Just curious to see how the warm air goes from the heater two rectangular duchs to the seats that need to move forward and backwards o_O .

Edit ...

This is from the 308CC brochure
308CC 4.JPG

I cannot find a better picture but from this one looks like it is electric, nothing to do with the main heater :rolleyes:.

Edit ...

This one is the Mercedes Airscalf
Airscarf.jpg

Haha! Mercedes copied Peugeot :p !

Mystery is still not solved :(.

Last edited:

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
Yep as per the good advice above they are the caps off the heater ducting and really should be put back on but dont be tempted to pull apart the centre console to do so because it's a HUGE job! Try doing it remotely through the access you show in your images .... and yes as a 2012 308CC owner I can confirm the Airwave system is definitely a self contained (within each seat) electric system and not ducted heating. It only takes a minute or two to heat up and then its nothing less than heaven on the back of your neck on cool days :) And I'm fairly sure the Mercedes system came first but Peugeot improved its design and function.