What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tuned diesel RCZ

Pieman

Reaction score
I'm writing a tuning and modifying guide on the RCZ 2.0 HDi for Diesel and Eco Car Magazine and am keen to include a brief owner's view - if you own a tweaked diesel RCZ please let me know.

This forum will of course get a free mention!

Many thanks :)

Pieman

Reaction score
If you've modified your diesel RCZ in any way we'd love to know your opinion on what worked - and what didn't

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
If you've modified your diesel RCZ in any way we'd love to know your opinion on what worked - and what didn't
I don’t know of any diesel owners who have modified their engines other than remap.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
I don’t know of any diesel owners who have modified their engines other than remap.
Yes, Neil - many of us are old fogeys, and 8 seconds to 60mph is quite fast enough, thank you! Especially on Norfolk country lanes, with a car a foot wider than the family SEAT... 😅

But this thread spells out some of the issues: trying to reach 250 hp on a 2.0 HDi RCZ

DanZad

Reaction score
I'm writing a tuning and modifying guide on the RCZ 2.0 HDi for Diesel and Eco Car Magazine and am keen to include a brief owner's view - if you own a tweaked diesel RCZ please let me know.

This forum will of course get a free mention!

Many thanks :)
As for engine tuning: installed Steinbauer module, which alters the fuel injection length for increased torque.
As for suspension tuning: Bilstein b6 shocks, installed 20mm lower stiffer springs from ST KW, Powerflex camber bolts setting front to -2 degrees camber, Powerflex polyurethane bushings black series all fronts + rear and sway bar, front suspension lower adjusted drop links.
Chassis: Ultra racing front, middle and rear braces.
Brakes: Black Diamond braided lines front+rear, MTEC C-hook brakes front+rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads.
Wheels/Tyres: 20mm hub-centric wheel spacers all round, extended bolts and bolt adapters to fit stock rims, Continental Premium Contact 6 Tyres
Miscellaneous mods: K&N air intake filter, K&N cabin filter, gold and glass fibre heat wrap intake pipes closest to engine, Bosch S5 battery
Other ergonomic (comfort) mods: include smaller sport steering, black R gear knob.
All in all, the car was tuned for short road handling with several twists and turns. Excellent and precise ride.