What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Trunk opening with dead battery?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a problem with battery leakage, something drains the battery empty overnight. I need to solve the issue but I need to start the car. I have jump start kit in the trunk, but how to open it when the battery is dead? Is there a wire to pull somewhere?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Jatimatic....

Just press the button under neath the boot, about in the middle of the number plate and up. :thumbup:

frankvdb

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Jatimatic....

Just press the button under neath the boot, about in the middle of the number plate and up. :thumbup:

hmm... pretty sure that switch is electric. Has anyone tried it with the battery disconnected?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful jump starting. It's something I've never had to do on any of my Peugeots but they're that full of sensitive components one false move and you've got a large and very expensive paperweight.

In fact when I bought my RCZ it had a faulty head unit and had at some point been jump started (I was told this by the dealer)

The faulty head unit was not an issue as I bought one and coded it to the car off ebay (after about a month of looking and sifting through the clowns who think they're worth thousands of pounds :clap: )

When I took the old unit apart I found a majorly burnt out connector and cable.
I reckon this was from the car being jump started.