What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Transmission fluid

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Hi all, is it possible to check and top up transmission oil on a 1.6 Thp engine please.
Thank you.

Pedro

Reaction score
There is no dipstick in these boxes they are lubricated for life!

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Thanks, how about top up interval? I am getting a small sound when lifting clutch after engaging 2nd gear sometimes

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed mine, it's an easy enough job. Did the diff and gearbox on my GT86 too.
I think on the RCZ I had to make a little tinfoil chute as there is a rollbar in the way of the drain plug. Still spilled oil all over the drive, obviously.

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Can't do any harm to have level checked. Can this possible low level be cause of occasional sounds on gear change?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the only way you'll check the level is drain it. Then you may as well put fresh in.

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks, how about top up interval? I am getting a small sound when lifting clutch after engaging 2nd gear sometimes
Your probably getting the generic click/clunk which appears then disappears on the Z mine does it after a long run but if you quick change with the pedal only going down say halfway it sounds a lot worse so I now go to the floor to check if its the Dual mass flywheel getting noisy which is more than likely the main cause
I doubt its lubrication related as these boxes are almost bullet proof with a max torque rating up to 270 as per the R model