What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Top up oil level?

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys my car is telling me to top up all level when I turn it open. But I checked and the oil level is fine like at the very top. Any idea what this could be?

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe the oil level sensor is faulty?

Pedro

Reaction score
When did you last have an oil change?

BobM

Reaction score
About 8 weeks ago. Full oil change and new oil filter.

Pedro

Reaction score
This fault can be triggered by low oil levels being logged in the ECU & its not normally a EML light unless the engine was critically low on oil a lot of people just ignore it & use the dipstick but it could also be a sensor issue & its best to only check the oil level on these engines when they are completely cold

BobM

Reaction score
This fault can be triggered by low oil levels being logged in the ECU & its not normally a EML light unless the engine was critically low on oil a lot of people just ignore it & use the dipstick but it could also be a sensor issue & its best to only check the oil level on these engines when they are completely cold
Thank you Pedro I will do that. Check it cold every few days. My friend has an OBD so i'll get him to check the errors when he is free.