What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Timing chain top guide position and rocker cover

Valex

Reaction score
I'm busy replacing the rocker cover and I noticed that the timing chain top guide/slider position is not aligned with the chain. The chain is on the left edge of the slider.
20220723_093054.jpg 20220723_093137.jpg 20220723_093146.jpg

It is one and half year since the official Peugeot garage replaced the chain. Not sure that this is the right position of the slider :rolleyes:.

Some other pictures of the work in progress.
20220723_093203.jpg

And the rocket cover bolts pattern (on the cat litter sand box 😅
20220723_093213.jpg

Last edited:

Valex

Reaction score
False alarm 😅 ! I removed the slider and the chain marks are exactly where they should be.
20220723_100711.jpg

After I read the brand of the slider and I was angry that the Peugeot garage used some aftermarket brand spares :mad: !
20220723_100830.jpg

But just googling it and on a Mercedes Benz forum looks like it is the best of the best :cool: !
Let me put back everything now 🥵!
:)

Valex

Reaction score
Copy and paste of something related to IWIS / JWIS ... some confusion on the brand o_O

Iwis Roller Chain​

Iwis brand roller chain combines the power of German engineering, and high-standards manufacturing to produce a roller chain that not only lasts long but is durable as well. Iwis offers three different classes of roller chain which are: Ecoplus, ELITE, and JWIS. Each category is separated by quality, the Ecoplus series roller chains are good for your general applications and are available in ANSI and ISO standards. The Elite series roller chains use a higher quality lubricant and are good for applications where the chain is run a little harder and requires some additional durability and are also available in ANSI and ISO standards. At the very top there is the JWIS series roller chains, these roller chains are manufactured with unmatched precision, excellent wear resistance, and ultra high tensile strengths and are also available in ANSI and ISO standards. Additionally Iwis offers a wide range of roller chain attachments, sprockets, and specialty roller chains that are available right from stock! For more information or to get a quote on Iwis Drive Systems products please contact us.

Pedro

Reaction score
Those guides are a pain in the A** because when the chain stretches beyond 68mm it can shatter them into pieces all of which can end up in the sump!
Why couldn't they have used a manganese alloy casting instead or is that asking too much of BMW's design team?

Pedro

Reaction score
The "Bounce Pad" aka the part your holding is 0 .9 da Nm
Rocker cover is pre tighten to 0.2da NM then tighten to 1 da.Nm

Valex

Reaction score
Wow ... there is soo much to learn from you :oops:

So for ordinary mortals :p, 9 Nm :) . Never used Decanewtonmeter [daNm] 😅

Luckily I did right (almost) before reading your reply, 10 Nm for the Bounce Pad and slowly increasing to 10 Nm for the rocker cover bolts following a pattern I found on internet.

Thank you again!

Last edited:

Valex

Reaction score
I was cleaning the rocket cover box, I found these on the bottom 😁
The red Is going on my keychain 😂 , do I need to use the small black one?

Valex

Reaction score
looks like the plug is for the US market, on the Minis :oops:
1658744189980.png

Searching info for the plug, I found also this in casted aluminum:

1658744278983.png

no idea why it is orange 😂

Last edited: