What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

THP200 hunting

Riverdancer

Reaction score
Engine surging/slowing down I.e, hunting. Problem when throttle is lightly pressed. Smell of fuel burning and/or fumes on tickover that stays with the car longer after it's turned off. Kangarooing especially in 1st due to initial revs making it hard to control. Changed all spark plugs, all coil packs, MAP sensor, MAF sensor and also checked oxygen sensor which has no issues. Can anyone suggest where to go next? If it's the injectors how do I get to them? I couldn't even get the bottom part of the air intake box out to change the MAP sensor, what a struggle.

Riverdancer

Reaction score
I've had an HPFP problem previously on a Mini Cooper S. Nothing like the same symptoms but I'll check the fuel rail pressure tomorrow. Thanks for the reply...

Riverdancer

Reaction score
High pressure fuel pump is very likely the usual suspect.
Apologies just realised that I never replied. It wasn't the HPFP. Unfortunately for me it's the cams and a £3700 repair bill. My latest post shows the damage.