What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

THP weird sound when AC is on, help needed!!!

BBZG

Reaction score
HI,
anyone had problem like in video?
Howling sound on battery side above gearbox when AC is on, when off no sound.
THP175 engine.

Link to video:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the clutch bearing on the air conditioning pump pully wheel I had to change two on my old 207cc.... But does the air con work OK... As mine did not get cold ❄... And the air pump looks very similar... Hope you get sorted... But I am no mechanic and might be wrong see what other members say about it first before you decide what to do...
Stay safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

BBZG

Reaction score
THX for reply but that is not problem, AC pump or compressor is if you look from front on left side of engine bay, this sound coming from right side above gear box close to battery. AC works perfect still with that sound. There is also weird sound form ventilation when AC is on.

Pedro

Reaction score
Does the Clutch work OK ? Clutch release bearing squeal when they got full of dust but to be honest you could check the Turbo bearing/Diverter Valve for leaking plunger seal leaking etc but as you may know when Air con switches on it put extra load on the pump pulley & you may have a failing bearing on that unit