What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

THP 200 MTC Air intake

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Hi,

Picture1.png

I am on a mission to get an induction kit to work with the thp 200 if possible. i have fitted the mtc 156 version which fits nicely, you just need to put the maf inbetween the silicone hose and the filter.

it sounds good and the spooliAttach filesng, whooshing sounds are loud. So now onto the problem, under 2k rev there is a hesitation, i done some research and found forge used to make an intake for the 208 gti but they stopped selling due to CEL and throttle idle issues etc which is pretty similar to what i have. I cleaned the maf sensor incase and that improved slightly but not perfect.

i believe all of this is to do with the maf sensor as the whole layout of the intake has changed now. i also done some research and saw something about turbulent air giving false readings to the maf which makes sense since the filter is attached to the maf so i will be trying a velocity stack type cone filter and stick an extra silicone pipe in between maf and filter to allow for airflow to become more laminar before passing the maf sensor.

does anyone else agree? also has anyone else successfully installed an induction kit on the thp 200?

jazz

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
i've also had a code for car running rich...seems maf sensor related, im gonna update once i fit a longer hose to smooth out airflow

Pedro

Reaction score
You may find the ECU will struggle to readjust the fuel air mixture ratio because your sending warm air into the intake especially in hotter weather

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
You may find the ECU will struggle to readjust the fuel air mixture ratio because your sending warm air into the intake especially in hotter weather

I monitored intake temps during a 1 hour drive and the outside temp was 6 degrees, during driving it was around 10-13 and during hard acceleration it peaked at 22 max, I kept the stock intake hose on the front bumper bit and fed a pipe from underneath car to under filter so think it's defo getting cold air. I'll create a heat shield but only if I can get it to work properly.

I done more research and found its best to have the maf further away from the turbo inlet so going to place that further aswell as the air filter. Seen a induction made for the 308 gti and asked if it had any problems, apparently none so any rcz r owners out there looking for one could maybe try.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
it supposed to be from carbon and with better air flow

i have just replaced the filter, the cheapest and probably the best solution

Pedro

Reaction score
I replaces the old panel filter with a K&N & the difference in acceleration was noticeable mainly due to less air restriction in the filter box bu I would not contemplate fitting the cone filter as a way of getting more power if your engine is good then its only the remap which makes the biggest impact on performance

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
I replaces the old panel filter with a K&N & the difference in acceleration was noticeable mainly due to less air restriction in the filter box bu I would not contemplate fitting the cone filter as a way of getting more power if your engine is good then its only the remap which makes the biggest impact on performance
if you heard the sounds it makes you'd want it, all kinds of whooshing and spooling up noises, also my car was recently mapped with the induction on and they managed to get 225hp from 220, the dyno was done in real life condition on the road so it defo takes in cold air if you set it up properly

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
it supposed to be from carbon and with better air flow

i have just replaced the filter, the cheapest and probably the best solution

maybe but i dont see what difference it has over the stock airbox, he used to sell the tmsr induction but those just lost you power as the cone was at back of engine, my cone is infront of battery with 2 air feeds