What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Third Brake Light Fix

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Hi All
Like lots of RCZs my third brake light (the LED light in the spoiler) has come to the end of its life. Only 50% of the LEDs were working and they were very dim.

I have sent it away for a fix and it has come back working like new. A new board was fitted.

Really fast service - sent it on Tuesday - it was fixed by Thursday - and delivered back today.

Peugeot main dealer wanted £190 for a new one - I paid £99 for the renovation.

Fix carried out by Crazyleds.co.uk - guy that runs it was a top bloke. Spoke to him on the phone and he called me when the job was done to tell me it was on its way back to me.

Hope this helps some of you to get your rear LED light working again.

Easy to get the light out ready to send off. I can help if anyone wants guidance.

Bad Dog

Buddy

Reaction score
I have the kit to repair mine but when I tried to remove the unit the two clips were splayed out and wouldn't go through the slots,everything else was easy but I don't want to risk breaking the light. It's very tight and when I started to raise the light it was flexing, I did manage to raise it about 1/8" using cardboard sheet to support it along the front edge but the rear is staying down! Access to remove the clips is much too small to get tools in.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the kit to repair mine but when I tried to remove the unit the two clips were splayed out and wouldn't go through the slots,everything else was easy but I don't want to risk breaking the light. It's very tight and when I started to raise the light it was flexing, I did manage to raise it about 1/8" using cardboard sheet to support it along the front edge but the rear is staying down! Access to remove the clips is much too small to get tools in.
A pair of long nose pliers will do it but try and rock the light front to back and it should release.

Buddy

Reaction score
A pair of long nose pliers will do it but try and rock the light front to back and it should release.
I couldn't reach with any of the pliers I own so prised them off with a long screwdriver, at last I can strip the unit and replace the LED's.