What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Temperature gauge.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi All. :helpme:

Can anybody please comment on whether their temperature gauge rises to the central position within about 30-60 seconds from pulling off from a cold start and then drops down to zero again? Once I have been driving for 5-10 minutes the temperature gauge rises normally but then drops down a tad before rising again to finally settle in the central position :eusa-think:

Thanks for any comments.

FGRob

Reaction score
HARWOOD said:

Can anybody please comment on whether their temperature gauge rises to the central position within about 30-60 seconds from pulling off from a cold start and then drops down to zero again? Once I have been driving for 5-10 minutes the temperature gauge rises normally but then drops down a tad before rising again to finally settle in the central position :eusa-think:

Thanks for any comments.
No - never seen that before, always moves very slowly until at temp.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

That's exactly what's happening with my car too. It's booked in for it's 1000 mile check next week so i'll report back on what the issue is / the fix after that.

Harwood - Are you noticing an occasional drop in power when pulling away from junctions? Sort of like the turbo isn't working even though i'm giving it plenty of revs. Am going to ask the garage to investigate this also (and whether the 2 issues are related).

Gary.

A

Anonymous

My 200 gets to the midway mark in about 3 minutes but if I "go past the speed limit" by some way then it drops down to between a quarter and midway and then when I slow down it returns to midway. Guess that might be cooler air due to the speed...

A

Anonymous

The temp gauge on my 156 gradually climbs to just under the halfway mark from cold in about 5 mins, it then stays exactly in that position until i turn off the engine, no fluctuation at all.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
The temp gauge on my 156 gradually climbs to just under the halfway mark from cold in about 5 mins, it then stays exactly in that position until i turn off the engine, no fluctuation at all.
Snap. Same as my 2.0 HDi

HARWOOD

Reaction score
glappin said:
That's exactly what's happening with my car too. It's booked in for it's 1000 mile check next week so i'll report back on what the issue is / the fix after that.

Harwood - Are you noticing an occasional drop in power when pulling away from junctions? Sort of like the turbo isn't working even though i'm giving it plenty of revs. Am going to ask the garage to investigate this also (and whether the 2 issues are related).

Gary.
Hi Gary.

Yes, the car seems to be a little reluctant when pulling off in first gear - not totally smooth!!!
Please report back with your findings.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
glappin said:

Gary.
Hi Gary.

Yes, the car seems to be a little reluctant when pulling off in first gear - not totally smooth!!!

Cheers.

My 200 has been doing the same thing. In first gear it hits 2000 rpm then loses power until you push it past 3500 rpm, then it starts to go again. Once you change to second gear its fine. It doesn't happen every time, but enough to be a annoying. It also worries me that it might happen when I'm pulling out in traffic.

When I took mine in for its first service a couple of weeks ago I reported it and they reset the computer. After that it was fine for a while but now its staring to return although not quite as bad. The mechanic said something about the car remembering your driving habits but not sure how that would cause it unless it its because I'm driving in traffic and often don't get a chance to open it up in 1st.

By the way my temperature gauge rises slowly over a couple of minutes then sits steadily at the midway mark.

A

Anonymous

"car remembers your driving habits"?????? Thats clearly a load of old blx

FGRob

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
"car remembers your driving habits"?????? Thats clearly a load of old blx
If it remembers my habits it would not unlock, certainly after a good curry. :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The true meaning is the car "learns" your driving style, we often do re-sets on the 2's as they have the same process which can causes errors sometimes.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

RCZooM said:
HARWOOD said:
glappin said:

Gary.
Hi Gary.

My 200 has been doing the same thing. In first gear it hits 2000 rpm then loses power until you push it past 3500 rpm, then it starts to go again. Once you change to second gear its fine. It doesn't happen every time, but enough to be a annoying. It also worries me that it might happen when I'm pulling out in traffic.

By the way my temperature gauge rises slowly over a couple of minutes then sits steadily at the midway mark.

I have the same issue with the power delivery (200GT) - I wondered if it was just a characteristic of a turbo engine (having only had n/a or supercharged engines before) and so I adapted my driving style ... basically avoid using 1st gear unless I feel the need to. I agree it is annoying, so would be very interested to hear back on any findings.
Thanks,
Chris

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Funnily enough, it rose normally this morning and yes before you ask I am referring to the temperature gauge :thumbup:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
HARWOOD said:
Funnily enough, it rose normally this morning and yes before you ask I am referring to the temperature gauge :thumbup:
Correction, back to the original problem again after driving home from work :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:

Thanks for any comments.

I have never had it rise within 30-60 seconds then down to zero again but I have had the temperature gauge drop a tad whilst driving for a while.

Too be honest it sounds like you need to get that checked out but shouldn't be too major though if its just an odd read out.

A

Anonymous

temp gauge should go to and stay at halfway. a turbo tip is that when you finish your journey make sure you let the engine idle for 1 minute before switching off to ensure the turbo bearings are lubricated before turning off.

Another thing with turbos and how they differ from superchargers ( I have both..the 200 RCZ and a V6 3.0 Supercharged A6) is lag and throttle blip. A superchargers power is derived directly to the revs as it is mechanical link so is always smooth and instant. The turbo on the RCZ is VERY good as its twin scroll thus avoiding excessive lag but all turbos suffer from the fact that they are driven by the exhaust gases so can be temperamental when cold and also unless you keep your foot down can sometimes blip based on the fluctuating output pressure from the engine. These are all norms for a turbo.

Having driven many turbo cars I would say that this 1.6 unit is one of the best

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:

Thanks for any comments.

Yes, I have the THP200 engine and noticed this for the first time last week. The temp gauge went straight to central position then slowly returned to zero and shortly after started to rise again at a slower but steady rate. I've had problems with the engine reporting temperature failures twice and to stop the engine. The garage couldn't find anything wrong. No surprise!

A

Anonymous

Ok, so i had the garage check this issue at my 1000 mile check up. Unsurprisingly they couldn't find any fault and they claimed to have "reset" it (whatever that means) but as of this morning it's still displaying the odd behaviour. As i've not had any engine management errors or warnings from the computer i'm not going to pursue this further at the moment. As for the occasional power loss when pulling out of junctions....again..no fault detected though i suspect they simply checked the ECU and found that no faults had been logged. One day i'll get a straight answer to "glitches" like these!!

A

Anonymous

glappin said:
One day i'll get a straight answer to "glitches" like these!!
Don't hold your breath! "straight answer" from a main dealer! Who are you trying to kid?

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Well after it seemed to have settled down - rising normally it suddenly went bonkers rising from one side of the dial to the other several times with a "Temperature fault - stop car" warning flashing in Red on the dashboard and latter a "Compression fault" warning flashing in Red also. It is currently at the dealers awaiting a new temperature sensor to be fitted.
I have had the car from new from 05.03.2011 and it has been in the garage three times - previously for a new spark plug which did not cure the previous fault and was later identified as a faulty ignition coil.
I am very much starting to regret owning an RCZ :(