What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tell me about RC-Z's

NelsonP

Reaction score
So, I've been playing a lot of GT Sport during lockdown on PS4 and the RC-Z seems to be an awesome machine. It walks over all of the other cars Ferrari's included.

What are they like in real life? Am seriously considering getting one.

I've been watching YouTube clips and saw this, looks amazing. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get this done?

Also, what are the common issues to watch for?

Last edited:

NelsonP

Reaction score
Is it even legal to wrap whole car in chrome?
Not sure, but it looks so great, who cares?
If I find an RC-Z at the right price I plan to make it look awesome (not that it doesn't already btw)

Really keen to hear your first hand experiences. Are they the road rocket that I think they are?

Nemi

Reaction score
Not sure why you put dash after RC :rolleyes: It is RCZ, not RC-Z

Mine has THP 200 engine which does 0-60 mph in 7.4 seconds so i wouldn't call that a rocket. RCZ-R is a different story but i haven't driven it. For me RCZ is more about looks and feel than performance.

Ian J.

Reaction score
I've got the lowest spec THP156 engine and its not as quick as it looks but who cares when you don't need to slow down for corners . Handling on these cars is great. If you want super quick you'll need the RCZ R which has got 270 bhp which is more than enough on something that weights as much as a skateboard. Expect to pay well over £12k for a good low mileage one.
They are becoming rare so depreciation will be low
Reliability wise what can I say , they are french , so don't expect trouble free motoring .

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually passed this car once on the road it definitely took your attention as everything around it were reflected in it very strange look indeed.
The original owner who had this done sold the car and I haven’t seen or heard of it since I reckon the dealer who put it up for sale eventually removed the wrap.
I play a lot of Battle field on the Xbox but I ain’t looking to buy a M16 assault rifle! 😉🤣

NelsonP

Reaction score
If it can beat a golf r, then I reckon it might be able to take a ferrari too, if you tune it a bit, put some coilovers and the right rims on it.

That's what I'm hoping, as I love smoking 458s on gt sport and would love to be able to do that in real life.

Has anyone tried fitting a new rear wing, for more downforce.

So, an rc-z r sounds like the best base for this project. How well do they take chipping?

Also, what are the sound system options, does the car come with a sub as standard?

Last edited:

NelsonP

Reaction score
The original owner who had this done sold the car and I haven’t seen or heard of it since I reckon the dealer who put it up for sale eventually removed the wrap.
Man, that would be a real shame if true. I love the look of that chrome rc-z

Kerr

Reaction score
There's a few videos of the RCZ R beating the Golf R on track.

I'm afraid the Ferrari 458 is on another level. It won't be close.

NelsonP

Reaction score
There's a few videos of the RCZ R beating the Golf R on track.

I'm afraid the Ferrari 458 is on another level. It won't be close.
Dunno. It's pretty close. I reckon with a stage 2 tune you'd be on the money....

Marmite

Reaction score
Yes taking on 458 or any other car in that class is never going to happen I had a RS4 b7 an anything above 80-90 it would wipe the floor with the R and the RS would not get a look in with a 458 ether

Ian J.

Reaction score
Got to agree, my XKR had 510 BHP, nearly double the RCZR but wouldn't have kept up with the Ferrari.

NelsonP

Reaction score
Good to hear that the RZ-Z-R is in the same league as Audi RS4s and Jag XKRs. I'm sure with the right mods it could get pretty close to a 458, especially for road races,traffic light grand prixs etc, which rarely go over 100mph anyway.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
This must be a joke, right? RCZ R against 458 Italia? Common guys, the RCZ R doesn't stand a chance if the Ferrari is driven by a capable driver.

I once had the joy of following a Ferrari F12 in the alps. Sure, I was able to keep up because of all the winding roads and hairpin turns. But each time he slammed the accelerator there was only a V12 howl to be heard and a vanishing red car somewhere in front of me. Sure, the F12 is above the 458. But the 458 isnt feeble either. Just completely another beast compared to any RCZ.

I think you can go against a F360 with the RCZ R on a race track. Not more than that.

NelsonP

Reaction score
This must be a joke, right? RCZ R against 458 Italia? Common guys, the RCZ R doesn't stand a chance if the Ferrari is driven by a capable driver.

I once had the joy of following a Ferrari F12 in the alps. Sure, I was able to keep up because of all the winding roads and hairpin turns. But each time he slammed the accelerator there was only a V12 howl to be heard and a vanishing red car somewhere in front of me. Sure, the F12 is above the 458. But the 458 isnt feeble either. Just completely another beast compared to any RCZ.

I think you can go against a F360 with the RCZ R on a race track. Not more than that.
No joke. In GT sport the RC-Z is actually quicker then a 458 on most circuits. Most of the cars on there reproduce the performance figures of the actual vehicles very accurately, so you should be able to get pretty close.

I realise that I'd probably need a tuned RC-Z R to get near in reality, but most ferrari's are driven by ponces anyway. You'd be surprised how slowly they are driven a lot of the time.