What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TDI Tuning box

Andrew94

Reaction score
Good morning all and thank you for allowing me on this great forum. I recently bought a RCZ HDI 2011 88000miles and i did a service for around 1K. I also ordered a 270£ tuning box from TDI Tuning . I wonder if it can cause any problems and if anybody has this type of chip? After all remap and tuning chip are the same sort of ? I am curious if its fake , a danger or ok...since a RCZ HDI owner of both told me its great but i wonder if just placebo or real...

Thank you for reading !

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, generally the feedback is good with the HDI tuning boxes I’m sure if you buy from a reputable source you’ll be quite happy with the results 👍

Andrew94

Reaction score
Hi and welcome, generally the feedback is good with the HDI tuning boxes I’m sure if you buy from a reputable source you’ll be quite happy with the results 👍
I just fitted one from tdi tuning for 270£ (with fake black Friday discount 100£ off) , i do see a mild 4-5mile improvement in fuel per gallon and on level 7 i do feel the power difference , the tyres cant cope, need new ones. 0-60 done in 11 seconds of how much traction is lost in 1-2 even 3rd gear.. but happy overall , just did almost a 1800 mile trip to my hometown from Oxford to Romania.

Pedro

Reaction score
Welcome to the family Andrew nice looking iconic "Z" & the diesels have a good standing for durability if regularly serviced there is plenty of advice on here if needed so happy motoring 👍

Andrew94

Reaction score
Welcome to the family Andrew nice looking iconic "Z" & the diesels have a good standing for durability if regularly serviced there is plenty of advice on here if needed so happy motoring 👍
Thank you for welcoming me ! I just started having a problem haha , after 9-10 hours at -2c the start is very rough for 10 seconds. It will start first key and fast just the engine will shake like a tractor for 10 seconds. Wont do it all day after until next day. This is 2nd day it does it. Could bad diesel be it ? Higher mountain pressure ? The tdi box messing up? .... I checked with my OBDII scanner and no codes.

Pedro

Reaction score
Low Battery?
Glow plugs ?
Filter might need changing after dirt in fuel ?

Andrew94

Reaction score
Low Battery?
Glow plugs ?
Filter might need changing after dirt in fuel ?
Battery ok , glow plugs maybe , fuel just guessing. Fuel filter and full extensive service done 4000 miles ago. Oil changed twice in 500 miles and filters for peace of mind since it hat gelatin like oil before.... Owner who said it kept the car in "mint condition"....

Pedro

Reaction score
Put some "Redex Diesel" in a tank of fuel or top up then run it up to max temperature

Andrew94

Reaction score
Put some "Redex Diesel" in a tank of fuel or top up then run it up to max temperature
The box was causing problemes. Removed it , did a remap , plenty of mods since i got it and a stage 1 . Now at 109500 miles in just a few months and will do soon the biggest trip probably out of all rcz.s around 5000 miles through europe. Also i am using redex every month 2 bottles.