What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

" System ESP / ASR defect " plus " Engine fault repair needed "

Dunner

Reaction score
English

Hey guys, past week i had a "problem" with the oil sensor that was warning me with "invalid oil levels" and so i used some more oil but i've putted to much. Went to the dealer and he sorted that out.
Yesterday, i finally picked up the car, drove it for like 10 minutes inside city and took it to clean with jet wash. After cleaning i went to the highway and 5 minutes later i got this warning "System ESP / ASR defect" " Engine fault repair needed " and i had to pull over because i had no power on pedal.
Turned the car off and On and the warning was there again, so i drive it home at 30km/h o_O and i'm calling the dealer to see what's wrong.

You guys have any thoughts about this or did this ever happened to you?

Thanks

Portuguese

Na semana passada tive um problema com o sensor de óleo e deu-me um aviso de "Medida do nível de óleo invalida" e então comprei óleo e acrescentei, mas como tinha a vareta partida acabei por acrescentar mais do que o que devia. Fui á Norauto e eles retiraram-me o óleo que estava a mais.
Ontem, finalmente peguei no carro e conduzi durante 10m no centro da cidade. Acabei por ir lava-lo com jetwash e entretanto entrei na autoestrada. Nem 5 minutos depois, apareceu-me o aviso "Sistema de ESP / ASR com defeito" e logo de seguida "Falha de motor, reparação necessária" (algo do género). Fiquei sem pressão nenhuma no acelerador e tive de encostar. Desliguei e voltei a ligar o carro e vim para casa a 30km/h visto que não dava mais.

Alguém sabe o que possa ter sido o problema?

Obrigado

TJZ

Reaction score
My wife's peugeot 308 hdi had the same problem. Turn out to be a fuel injector problem. What the garage said. Cost us 349£ plus :vat :(