What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Swirls

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Isnt it your safe as long as its above 25ish?

Ive bought the g3 version of what Figo put up for the swirls. I hope it works :D
For me personally I'd say 25 is very low and wouldn't touch it with a machine. From what I've researched 100 to 130 is a typical sort of reading for a modern day car. Most are all sprayed by robots and can get a smoother and thinner finish than by hand. I am a newb so I may stand corrected.

Enjoy the smiles and miles.
Keep safe and keep detailing.

RCZ1

Reaction score
25 is very very low and should not be machined polish.

You have to remember each time you polish you remove some paint if you are using a cutting pad and polish. The paint obviously has to last the life of the car so the least amount of paint you remove each time the better.

That's why I said previously that 100% correction is not necessarily possible OR the best thing to do, if you don't have a lot of paint to play with.
If you have some deeper marks in one area, you may obviously need a cutting pad/polish to work that particular area however if the surrounding areas are ok don't use the same combination on that, use a lesser cutting pad / polish.

REMEMBER, You should always be aiming to correct the paint in the safest and least aggressive way possible, with the least amount of paint removal as possible.