What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Swapping standard RHD headlight units for standard LHD

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
Hi all, I've browsed the whole section and I can't see a thread on this subject so hopefully I'm not repeating a previous one (I know there's a fairly comprehensive one about swapping standard for xenon but I'm not wanting to do that).

It's a MK1 (so the model with 308 headlights - which is handy because I've managed to source them at the scrappies for less than 80euros each - you'd not find an RCZ specific component second hand around here (northern Spain).

How easy is it to swap the RHD for LHD units? I'm thinking it should be pretty straightforward - no complicated electrics (unlike with xenon) but I don't want to spend three hours wrestling with bumpers and light units to find out there's some gadget in the computer that will get all upset! :wtf: (I did my motor mechanic'ing in days before the serious advent of blackboxes so I don't know how deep the evil runs!) :lol:

I'm thinking the physical swap is three screws for each unit with a rumored bumper removal to reach the bottom screws - can anyone confirm this? i.e. confirm I need to take the bumper off. I imagine that taking the bumper off is going to be the real pain - fortunately I have patience (and it's why I'm doing it while my other half is working 3000 miles away :lol: :lol: )

Any hints and tips appreciated.

Thanks all!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure this is just a straight swap over Mick (plecadoras) has a comprehensive post on here of the front bumper removal which may help you.

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
I’m sure this is just a straight swap over Mick (plecadoras) has a comprehensive post on here of the front bumper removal which may help you.

Thanks :thumbup: - I tracked the post down. He took apart a Mk2 but I reckon this is got to be a pretty good starting point for my mk1 - very useful.
Getting excited for a bit of spannering. It's honking down at the moment though so it'll just be planning for the mo.
Thanks again for the pointer. :beer:

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
Just for info I successfully swapped my headlights today - pretty straightforward - in fact easier than I expected - they seem to make electrical connectors far easier to disconnect these days than in days of old! So 136euros lighter and 5 hours later (inc. lunch and coffee breaks obviously!) and I'm where I would've been if I'd spent £1200 at Peugeot Doncaster. :dance:
Although I will need to pop down to the local garage tomorrow for a beam alignment check of course.

I took comprehensive photos - I just need to workout how to uploaded them with words then I can share.
Thanks to Neilgsxr69 for pointing me towards Micks bumper removal post - and thanks to Mick (plecadoras)'s post. A lot was different because mines a mk1 but the vital part - those tricksy 4 clips at the top - are equally stealth and equally stiff - I would've been flummoxed without that info.

Thanks again! :beer: