What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sticking Clutch Pedal

EDR

Reaction score
Hey all, so recently the clutch pedal became more sticky than usual. At one point it was completely stuck on the bottom, luckily I wasn't driving then.

I've read around that it could be due to the Master + Slave Cylinder being worn out and needing replacement. Any ideas on whether this is doable myself or if it will require the engine to be lifted?

Thanks!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked the spring mechanism at the rear of the peddle they’re prone to breaking?

EDR

Reaction score
I had a quick look at it but it looked fine, might take a closer look at it later on thanks!

Pedro

Reaction score
Cable is possibly the issue they don't last forever other ones to watch for is a clunking noise during gear changes this could be a sign the thrust bearing is badly worn affecting the functionality of the clutch pressure plate & as they are Dual mass they will deteriorate a lot further with prolonged use quite a few owners have changed over to a uprated or even a sports rated clutch assembly as manufacturers are duly phasing out the use of the dual mass system as its considered being too problematic due to weight of components & failures in operation etc

EDR

Reaction score
Aren't they a hydraulic clutch?
As far as I'm aware, yea. That's why I suspected it was either the master cylinder or slave cylinder. My brake fluid is also slightly lower now that I checked.

EDR

Reaction score
Also, could anyone tell me if it is possible to reach the slave cylinder without lifting the car? I'm planning on doing it myself if it's accessible.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, yea. That's why I suspected it was either the master cylinder or slave cylinder. My brake fluid is also slightly lower now that I checked.
Ignore me. I haven't had an RCZ for a few years, and for some reason my cold addled brain thought it was a cable. Then I realised they weren't made in 1984.

Is bleeding it an option? I know you can on other cars, just over fill the clutch fluid reservoir and then bleed the slave.

EDR

Reaction score
Ahahahahaha well I'd love to try that but I'm just not sure where it's located, can't seem to find any diagrams online as well :(

Pedro

Reaction score
The Clutch cable on the RCZ

Attachments

• Capture clutch cable.PNG
    Capture clutch cable.PNG
    346.7 KB · Views: 28

chrismac

Reaction score
...I am assuming you have a Left Hand Drive, The RHD variant is almost identical.

Pedro

Reaction score
The Clutch cable on the RCZ
Sorry my apologies that's the gear selector cable not the clutch cable I would imagine the hydraulic master cylinder is behind the pedal & inside the bulkhead/firewall

EDR

Reaction score
Yep, that's correct, it's LFD where I am!

And yeah I managed to figure out where the master cylinder is :) just gotta try find where the slave cylinder is.

I'll have a look around over the weekend, but thanks for the help tho!

Pedro

Reaction score
This might help?

Attachments

• clutch cylinder.PNG
    clutch cylinder.PNG
    279.7 KB · Views: 20