What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Steering wheel vibration around 75mph

NF7

Reaction score
I was investigating this myself at home, and I suspect tie rod end (not sure if it is the correct term) on the left side went bad as it had some "gap" while trying to shake the wheel. It was fine on the right side. The car is going into the shop on Wednesday to fix. It should be a one hour job.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
That's a cheap and quick fix.
Strangely those never went bad on my +200.000km R. Driving fast all the time pays off ;)

• Love
Reactions: NF7

RCZKam

Reaction score
Yeah, I've used both shops before as friends work there (sometimes the first shop is so full that they cannot squeeze me inside so I use another one).

Not that everyone can but do you know of another rcz owner you can swap wheels with to rule yours out? Local club etc

NF7

Reaction score
Not that everyone can but do you know of another rcz owner you can swap wheels with to rule yours out? Local club etc
I've seen two RCZs in my area in two years of owning it.

NF7

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Tie rod end on the left was completely gone, and was about to go on the right. Both replaced.
Ball joint was completely gone on the right, and the left was somewhat fine. Both replaced.

I have also went to get my wheels aligned and balanced.

Vibration 90% gone. I'm suspecting the rest on the aged suspension (probably will change it in the winter) and summer tires (next year). The worse of the vibration is completely gone - no more severe vibration while turning left/right.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yea the whole front suspensions on these take a right hammering

Reactions: NF7