What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Squeaky tic over

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hey just a quick 1 here

so the car seems to be getting a bit noiser on start up ive noticed on tic over especially when it’s first started up, it just sounds like this annoying lil squeaky rusty sound ticking over when you rev it slightly it goes away but soon as back to idle it’s the same and you don’t hear it when driving. Anyone know what it is? Timing belt I suspect ? why is it doing that ? Any ideas as to stop it or quieten it down ? The car only has 36,000 miles on it

Thanks for any helpful information guys🙂

Pedro

Reaction score
Auxiliary belt/pulley can be one issue I doubt its the timing chain as those rattle their heads off when cold starting anyway if it persists spray belt dressing along the belt see if it disappears

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Auxiliary belt/pulley can be one issue I doubt its the timing chain as those rattle their heads off when cold starting anyway if it persists spray belt dressing along the belt see if it disappears
Ah ok I’ll give that a try. What should I spray the belt with ? Thanks