What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sqeak as steering turns

A

Anonymous

When I am slow speed steering such as parking or pulling into a tight spot i am getting a sqeak from the steering column which is highly annoying!

A

Anonymous

if the noise appear on full lock only,its from the tyres and is normal.

A

Anonymous

Its inside I think, sounds like it is just behind the steering wheel. It does it on grass.

A

Anonymous

I get that on my spitfire. Not sure I could get it done on warranty though... :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

what is it thought? we gotta remember we are driving machines and as such there will always be creaks and groans.

Worth getting it looked at by a dealer though

A

Anonymous

no i think the spitfire warranty expired a few years ago.

A

Anonymous

Just an update. Car went in on Friday for mirror swap and lube on steering. It has now stopped squeaking. I will see how the mirrors do before an update on them.

A

Anonymous

My steering wheel makes a slight "groaning" noise first thing in the morning when I pull out of the garage.

Thought it was the Power Steering warming up as by the time I turn out of the road, it's gone never to be heard again - well until the following morning.

Might ask them to "lube me up" when it's in for it's Service in September - or possibly this Friday if it's a quick job.

Delta8

Reaction score
This has started happening to me aswell. On the right side and when I’m turning right just a consistent squeaking