What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sports steering wheel

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just wondering, is it possible to buy the smaller steering wheel separate from the Sport Pack and can it be fitted as an after sales accessory? Any idea as to cost?

Thanks.

FGRob

Reaction score
Anything is possible, we have no controls on the wheel so you should be OK, you just need to make sure you can fool the airbag set-up and the horn will work. The other thing is to inform your insurance of the change.

Costs - well how much do you want to pay, have a look at Demon Tweeks's site that will give you some idea, the biggest problem will be finding a suitable boss.

Hope this helps

Rob

A

Anonymous

I didnt see any option like that, not even a single line all around but ask to your dealer, you may be lucky.

P.S: why don't you like the entire pack? It's awesome

A

Anonymous

after a long and hard search, Im going to install the small diameter steering wheel on my 156hp next monday.
The sport pack is an option which is not available in my country, even the steering wheel was almost impossible to have as a service part, but I was successful in finding one! Very happy to forget that truck-size old steering wheel.
Or you can go for the new leather and alcantara steering wheel provided for the new asphalt edition, already available for sale on the internet

A

Anonymous

let's have a search on the internet, you'll find a website called french power.
This is my new steeering wheel...nice and perfect for a sporty drive, definitely worth the money

A

Anonymous

lolli said:
fitting time only half an hour

Do you retain the original airbag and cover or is it a complete swap? 300 euros seems cheap is it made by Peugeot?

A

Anonymous

retaining the original airbag!
300 euro + 1/2 an hour (around 50 euros)

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I am also considering swapping that gigantic, standard and not at all exclusive to the rcz steering wheel.
Can you post some more photos of your new steering? Do you still have your old one?
And how's the feel of the alcantara? does it feel cheap?

Sorry for such questions...

Kind Regards

A

Anonymous

lolli said:
let's have a search on the internet, you'll find a website called french power.
This is my new steeering wheel...nice and perfect for a sporty drive, definitely worth the money

Just one more doubt. The steering you installed, shown in the picture, is the one with alcantara right? The same one available in french-power's website?
Sorry for that, but I am eager to switch mine.
thanks

A

Anonymous

yes it is!
I've just returned to the 19" alloys since the winter has gone. I've driven some miles using the 18"+winter tyres + big diameter steering wheel.
Now with the small steering wheel and the 19" alloys my car changed dramatically, I can really feel the wheels in my hand. Just a bit difficult when parking the car since the steering wheel is a bit too hard. You'd like you to try how different could be a car because only 1" (alloys) and 2cm (steering wheel diameter)

A

Anonymous

lolli said:
yes it is!
I've just returned to the 19" alloys since the winter has gone. I've driven some miles using the 18"+winter tyres + big diameter steering wheel.
Now with the small steering wheel and the 19" alloys my car changed dramatically, I can really feel the wheels in my hand. Just a bit difficult when parking the car since the steering wheel is a bit too hard. You'd like you to try how different could be a car because only 1" (alloys) and 2cm (steering wheel diameter)

Thank you for sharing that.
I contacted my dealer and they told me the steering in alcantara costs 280€, so I won't be buying from french-power (310€). Judging by this price, and assuming all peugeot dealers make the same price, it's not worth it to buy from french-power.
Did you contacted you dealer for this?

Thanks

Pedro

A

Anonymous

My dealer sold me the steering wheel for a better price compared to the french power website...every dealer can give you at least a 10% off from the official retail price, which in this case was 300 euros

A

Anonymous

pmfmagalhaes, ja trocaste o teu volante?
se não for indiscrição, em quanto te ficou o conjunto (volante + montagem)?

mandas-te vir pela própria peugeot onde compraste o magnifico rcz, e eles próprios o montaram?

desculpa lá as perguntas, mas estou mesmo tentado a fazer o mesmo.. obrigado

A

Anonymous

NRR said:
pmfmagalhaes, ja trocaste o teu volante?
se não for indiscrição, em quanto te ficou o conjunto (volante + montagem)?

mandas-te vir pela própria peugeot onde compraste o magnifico rcz, e eles próprios o montaram?

desculpa lá as perguntas, mas estou mesmo tentado a fazer o mesmo.. obrigado

Boas,
Não tem problema nenhum, afinal de contas, um fórum serve para isso mesmo.
Ainda não troquei porque investi num kart e decidi esperar um bocado. Qualquer concessionario te pode vender + montar o volante. Em Braga e na Maia pediram-me 275€ pelo volante mais 15€ pela montagem, se bem que achavam que conseguiam baixar a mão de obra. O volante está disponível para entrega, por isso no máximo demora 2 dias úteis a chegar ao concessionário. Mais ainda não me saiu da cabeça a ideia de trocar, porque o volante é mesmo magnífico. Caso troquem, avisem ;)

Cumpriemntos.

Hi all,
Que questions are not a problem at all, after all that's why this forum is here for,
I haven't switched the steering because I bought a go-kart so I've decided to postpone it. Any dealer can sell+mount the steering. In Braga and Maia they've asked 240£ more or less and 13£ for the mounting. The steering is available to ship to any dealer so if you by one, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 day to arrive. But I'm still thinking on changing it, rather sooner than later, because the steering is absolutely unbelievable. If you do switch, don't forget telling us about it.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

thank you for the quick reply!
Within the next few weeks i will contact my dealer to see what he has to say about this steering wheel switch, and how much do i have to pay...
If i´ll go forward with this, i won´t forget telling you guys, my new "driving experience"!