What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler

A

Anonymous

H should the spoiler go up after 50mph ? Or do u just have too press the button ?

A

Anonymous

It goes up to stage 1 automatically at around 52/53 mph and then stage two deploys at around 95/6 mph...I've....erm "heard". Stage 1 isn't visible from the rear view mirror.

A

Anonymous

An active rear spoiler deploys at 53mph to an angle of 19 degrees and retracts at 34mph. Above 96mph the spoiler changes its angle of attack to 34 degrees for maximum rear stability, returning to 19 degrees below 90mph.

Never seen it go up before but it's hard too see so there is not automatic deploy button ?

A

Anonymous

What do you mean by automatic deploy? You can press the button to raise it manually to stage 1 or 2 if that's what you are asking..?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 1,617
A

Anonymous

:lol: Good old eddy. I thought I had seen most of his stuff but that one was new to me.

If you ever want a laugh, Google his 'Cat drilling behind the couch' :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tomas_90

Reaction score
While on the subject of the spoiler....

When standing still and the spoiler is up and I press the manual button it just goes down and back up immediately, but if i hold the button for 1.2 sec it goes away for good. Is it the same for everyone else? Just curious.

Also, if you manually deploy the spoiler and retract it again while driving, does the auto stuff still work or does the car have to be restarted before it starts to work again?

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
While on the subject of the spoiler....

When standing still and the spoiler is up and I press the manual button it just goes down and back up immediately, but if i hold the button for 1.2 sec it goes away for good. Is it the same for everyone else? Just curious.

Also, if you manually deploy the spoiler and retract it again while driving, does the auto stuff still work or does the car have to be restarted before it starts to work again?

First au - Try getting someone to press the button and stand at the back of the car and see what exactly is happening as it will go to half or full way up/down depending on how long you hold the button for.

2nd qu - manual mode overrides auto mode and when manual mode isn't on auto mode will be on automatically. Is that enough autos for you?!

A

Anonymous

I've noticed that my spoiler has started to get louder when operating it in manual mode. Making a grinding noise. Has anybody else experienced this.
Can you oil it or is it the motor that will need replacing like the wing mirror motors.
Thanks in advance Ian.

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
I've noticed that my spoiler has started to get louder when operating it in manual mode. Making a grinding noise. Has anybody else experienced this.
Can you oil it or is it the motor that will need replacing like the wing mirror motors.
Thanks in advance Ian.

Nope. Never had an issue with either of mine.

A

Anonymous

squirt some oil in the mechanism. Don't bother with WD40 though, that just dries things out

Mrrcz

Reaction score
the light is out on the button on mine and it not working. I think it must be the motor?

Alex60

Reaction score
Hi all started car the other day spoiler went up and will not go down 2days later went down but straight back up any ideas

Pedro

Reaction score
Try a BSI reset & lubricate the piston shaft with dry silicone