What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler switch

wilsofar

Reaction score
Having just bought another Z I had not noticed when doing a pre purchase check that the spoiler switch was completely seized solid as if it had been glued to immobilise the whole operation.

Does this switch seize up?

2retro

Reaction score
Nope. Do you know if the spoiler still deploys OK when it should?

God knows why anyone would purposefully prevent the manual button from working!!

wilsofar

Reaction score
The switch has no illustrations -just blank,which is probably what it is -a blank!

I don’t know if the spoiler deploys automatically.

Doesn’t bother me but needs to be sorted before it is sold (I’ve got about 3 years!)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I didn’t know they did a version of the Z that had a blank there. The only Z I know of that doesn’t have a deployable spoiler is the R & that doesn’t have any button there as far as I know.
Very strange 🤔

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It will be interesting to know if it does deploy automatically. I only use the manual switch when cleaning the car or to mess with the odd boy racer at traffic lights.

wilsofar

Reaction score
The switch wasn’t blank at all (just my eyes) but was well and truly inoperative caused by someone spilling coffee or some such beverage

Seeing how cheap replacements are I decided to see if I could clear the gunge by soaking the switch in a bowl of hot water and Fairy.

The switching mechanism worked almost immediately,so I left it to dry in the sun /house radiator for 24 hours.

Plugged it in and it worked perfectly -except for the LED light-I can live without that.

Another tick on the to do list .

Just the non working passenger seat -tomorrow at the garage.