What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler not going down

denorah007

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum
I have read the threads with regard to spoiler issues and need a bit of advice so I've tried to manually rewind the motor and the spoiler went down great but has now come back up again and won't go down ☹️ I don't have a light showing in the button or any error message coming up could this be the maxi fuse issue that Jack has kindly found? When I press the button the spoiler makes a sound as if it is trying to go down I have lubricated the rods etc

Any advice great fully received before I take it to Peugeot

Pedro

Reaction score
The motors can start to malfunction over time & dirt ingress is a common problem not just on RCZ Audi's suffer with the same issues mine has never worked off the speed settings it will only operate off the button which in your case appears to be dead of any power its possible a electrical glitch or software may just be the cause?

denorah007

Reaction score
The motors can start to malfunction over time & dirt ingress is a common problem not just on RCZ Audi's suffer with the same issues mine has never worked off the speed settings it will only operate off the button which in your case appears to be dead of any power its possible a electrical glitch or software may just be the cause?
Thank you for the reply Pedro looks like maybe the maxi fuse has blown then.. I'll get that changed before I buy a new motor 🙂

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
If you’ve got power and it sounds like the motor is trying then it can’t be the fuse

denorah007

Reaction score
It's a bit of a mystery, there's no light on the manual switch? Manually wound it down again but it came up whilst driving I'm presuming the motor is knackered hence why it won't come back down my mechanic is going to test it but has disconnected it for now until we trace a replacement 👍

RCZKam

Reaction score
The spoiler has been known to “reset” itself during driving so it might be why it’s popping up as it thinks it’s already up confusing it :D

Not sure about the light but (stationary) with ignition one quick press it opens fully up then you have to hold the button down 2 seconds or so for it to fully retract, if you just quick press whilst up it comes down in increments

Is it making a sound in both directions or just on one touch to rise?

Has someone had the motor out before? Could be they were trying to find a fault but haven’t connected/installed it back in properly

Also when it came up whilst driving do you know at what speed and did it come up first or second stage?