What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sorry. but NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I have a bit of a soft spot for the E Type Jag.
A chap who worked for me about fifty years ago, had a hobby (yes he inherited a load of dosh to "waste", sorry, spend wisely) getting a bunch of dubious characters under railway arches in South London to turn a basket case back into a gem.
I would test drive some of these "restored" gems, including Porsche, Aston, and Jags.
So one weekend I had the fixed head coupe two seater to thrash.
Well, like many E Types of the day, it had a rather silly looking stick at the front with a small ball on top, to denote the end of the huuuuuuge bonnet that went on foreeeever.
Loads of E Types, especially those without the silly stick/ball, had a selection of small tokens around the "mouth" in the form of subtle dents as the result of misjudging where the front ends.
That, my friends, is the only nasty thing I can say about any E Type, as it is a dream motor in every way.
So what do I see in the press now, following THAT wedding, is the image of the same dream machine in pale silver blue departing one phase of the bash for another with HIM and HER waving to the adoring crowds.
No doubt, a REAL E Type would have had a struggle to have been heard over the cheers, BUT this creation from JLR concept team is BLOODY SILENT!!!!
It is SODDING electric!
Sacrilege!
OK, so the old XK straight six is a bit long in the tooth (aren't we all) but new life could have been breathed into it with a modern turbo, injection, etc and still retain some of the characteristic heartbeat.
Don't get me wrong; the present range and those under development have to move with the times, but PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE, don't ruin the ethos of a beloved classic.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: