What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Smoke

Malcf70

Reaction score
Hi all ,
New to this forum as only purchased my Rcz 2011 200 only a few months ago , soon as I saw one had to have one !
I bought the car on 54000 miles on timing chain changed before purchased.
car is running fine no fault lights or codes but now temperature gauge has started to jump to 90 then back to zero then jump a bit more before reaching 90 ! Never seen it go above 90 is 90 where it’s supposed to stay ? Also noticed when in traffic when pulling away fair bit of white smoke !
Sorry for the long winded explanation but any ideas??

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If it turns out to be either of the above, it’s not a difficult job from what I’ve read on here. I’m no mechanic, but if you have a search on here you’ll get some ideas.
You really need to find out exactly what the problem is first though.

Someone is likely to be along shortly that will have more idea.

Pedro

Reaction score
AS DKZ stated its poss Senor or Thermostat sticking this causes a Temp fluctuation on the Gauge but if the low level sensor in the header tank is not showing a fault then its as above but this usually triggers the Fan to come on so I'd be open minded as to what the real cause is without investigating the issue
Thermostat tanks are cheap on Ebay & not a big job & once you have completed & refilled the system the car needs to stand for a good few hours for the air to escape from the system Peugeot leave them overnight but I left mine all day & it still needed topping up the next day so be patient if you tackle it yourself

Malcf70

Reaction score
Thanks all , water in tank on max no water in oil as I can see , been out in her today and gauge behaving as normal, engine does seem to be getting very hot tho and only here the fan kick in when I turn engine off for about 10 /20 seconds!

Pedro

Reaction score
I don't mean to insult your intelligence but strange as it may sound but if you "thrash " these cars from cold you will find the fan kicks in even when the temp is showing coldish on the gauge I discovered this not long after I bought mine & I think its poss something to do with having an Electrically controlled water pump
The other option is maybe change the Fan sensor ?

Malcf70

Reaction score
Definitely not thrashed car or put it through its paces ,scared too at the moment as feel like there’s something wrong with it engine wise , booked in garage next week ,so will see what they say!

Pedro

Reaction score
Hopefully nothing which will hurt your wallet :)