What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Slow to warm up ?

Danoctoman

Reaction score
Hi All,
My TDi seems to take forever to reach operation temp. It does get there after 15 -20 mins or so, 85-90c
The heater warms very quickly and within half mile of town driving.
I can wait 10 mins on a summers day for the temp needle to even leave its stop. it’s a difficult question as there’s so many variables, but what the consensus on a possible issue with faulty thermostat? Thanks for your comments

Pedro

Reaction score
I have a 200GT & mine only begins to crawl up out of bed after the 1st couple of miles you may be right about the Thermostat but don't overlook the fact all the Zs water pumps are electronic & controlled from the ECU
Things to consider with cooling system
Overheating?
Fan coming on continuously?
Erratic Temp readings on gauge?
heating only blowing cold Air
Air con not working?
Losing coolant ?

Danoctoman

Reaction score
I have a 200GT & mine only begins to crawl up out of bed after the 1st couple of miles you may be right about the Thermostat but don't overlook the fact all the Zs water pumps are electronic & controlled from the ECU
Things to consider with cooling system
Overheating?
Fan coming on continuously?
Erratic Temp readings on gauge?
heating only blowing cold Air
Air con not working?
Losing coolant ?

Danoctoman

Reaction score
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for info, I didn't know the water pump was ECU controlled, but suppose the temperature sensory could be a possible culprit?
I’ll get pug dealer to do full diagnostic for piece of mind.

All system working well otherwise.....

Thanks again

Pedro

Reaction score
The ECU uses signals from the coolant sensor etc to collect the Engine temp data