What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

slight oil mist from slave cylinder

Evan

Reaction score
Hi, I want to ask a question about this slight oil mist from slave cylinder, I know that is probably from the clutch, but I want to know if anyone else has that problem and how it solved, is it need to bring down the transmission? Thank you

Pedro

Reaction score
You mean clutch fluid ? which may be due to a nasty leak somewhere poss seal blown is your clutch pedal feeling spongy ?

Evan

Reaction score
I went to Peugeot for a full check up the car is generally ok no problems, but they told me about this one slight oil mist from the slave cylinder. Yes my clutch is perfect no problem with that

Pedro

Reaction score
Engine Oil Mist or clutch fluid ? if Peugeot say the car is OK where is the mist/residue coming from on the engine ?

Evan

Reaction score
Engine Oil Mist or clutch fluid ? if Peugeot say the car is OK where is the mist/residue coming from on the engine ?
It's not coming from the engine, it's coming from the slave cylinder this is what they told me, i don't know a lot that why I asked.

Pedro

Reaction score
If your slave cylinder is leaking then your clutch peddle will start to feel spongy & over time this will impact on your gear changes you need to find out if its hydraulic fluid leaking somewhere